R1 Concepts Premier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I visited the R1 Concepts website to research the "Premier Series" brake rotors that you offer, but I cannot find any such series.
Click HERE

They offer the "eLINE Series" brake rotors that are made from G3000 grey cast iron.
These are offered with a zinc plating in black, silver or gold for corrosion resistance.

They also offer the new "R1 Carbon Geomet Carbon Series" brake rotors that are a high carbon alloy.
These have the Geomet finish for long lasting superior corrosion protection.

There is also the "R1 Forged Series Big Brake Kit" (BBK).

R1 Concepts Premier Series? Are these still being manufactured by R1 Concepts?

Need some transparency on this please.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just finished up a "Live Chat" session with a support agent at R1 Concepts.

They stated that they still have the "Premier Series" (G3500 grey cast) brake rotor available with the black coating, and to order thru Freedom Motor Sports but that they (R1 Concepts) only sell Geomet now.

From the support agent during the Live Chat session.....

"We still have it available, if you still want that casting best person to order through if you want the black coating is Freedom. But now we only sell Geomets now"

Hey Chris.
I'm not interested in the G3500 grey cast rotors. I am interested in the new next generation "R1 Series Geomet Carbon Rotors" and the "Super Heavy Duty Break Pads" from R1 Concepts.
Can I get a price quote on these?

Support agent said....

"Tell Chris Kelly to take care of you."

Last edited:
OP
OP
R1jamn

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Chris,
I need this quote for the drilled and slotted Geomet rotors on all corners and the Super Heavy Duty brake pads.
I have a '14 Raptor Scab.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning folks.

The R1Concepts Premier Series rotors are a rotor that they are phasing out in favor of offering the Geomet rotors. The basic design of the rotors themselves is the same with the G3500 high carbon metallic material verses the cast iron of the G3000 rated Eline series.

The biggest difference between the Premier series and Geomet series rotors is the coating itself. R1Concepts is continually doing R&D in an effort to further improve the products they offer and after their research, they found that the Geomet coating is more corrosion resistant than the Premier series black electrocoat (which was already an awesome coating). One other difference is the fact that the Premier series rotors came with the center hubs and outer edges being coated, so if you live in northern climates, you would have to specifically request the rotors be fully coated for the best protection. The new Geomet coated rotors are fully coated by default so no special consideration has to be made there.

Right now, we CAN still get the Premier series rotors. I can get products from R1 that they no longer offer through their website or to the mass public due to my longstanding relationship with them.

I personally have not tested the Geomet rotors yet. We have a full package on it's way as we speak for installation and testing. But my experience with the Premier series rotors goes back to 2009 and through my testing of the same package on 1/2, 3/4 and 1 ton gas and diesel pickups for all kinds of operating conditions and they have performed flawlessly in that time. More so than any other brand tested.

The Geomet offering is so new that I need to confirm the pricing of those with my rep before I offer a shipped quote on them. He doesn't get into his office until later in the morning Pacific time since he works into the evening hours. As soon as I can speak to him on the phone to confirm the pricing of the Geomet rotor package I will get back with you on that.