Rack Options - HAVOC Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Joe pretty much brings everything he owns with him.

Shooter is the same.

May as well put me on the list of people that bring everything. Barely got the Bakflip closed to come home from SD.

Joe is right about his bed rack. It is very cool.

I am still designing one in my head and notebooks everywhere. Can't nail down what I want. Which reminds me, I may as well ask this here in case anyone else would like to know. Jimmy, is there a way to make a rack that would mount to the D-rings I already put on the bed bolts? Would be nice because then I could still have the D-rings to use when/if the rack is taken out.

Sorry for derailing the thread a bit.
Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What ideas do you have Lab? Are the D rings strong enough to hold? I don't know...hopefully Jimmy finishes with his "Field Research" soon...

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nick, I a leaning toward the Line-x. Either black to match the bed or color Line-x to match the truck...

Just so damn expensive for the Line-x... Line-x is saying $250 to do the rack in premium black but $100 to do both running boards...seems a little high on the rack, but they said something about more surface are being a tube...

Either way I am doing the boards at least...should match the Methods...

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What ideas do you have Lab? Are the D rings strong enough to hold? I don't know...hopefully Jimmy finishes with his "Field Research" soon...

As far as ideas, I built a temporary rack for the tire for the last trip. The tire was carried flat and elavated at the front of the bed. It just fit under the cover. That let me carry my floor jack under it as well as pack camping chairs etc under it. Hi-Lift went along the side. Gas and tool box were by tailgate. Tire at the back would be better for weight placement and ease of use if that comes up.
The d-rings should hold almost anything. I used the Sprinter van ones mounted on the bed bolts. I have 6 of them. Rings are very stout and they are on the bed bolts so I don't see them as a problem. Connection to them could be an issue with a rack.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah...I would wonder how you would connect to the rack as well...that is why I was talking with Jimmy about a some type of pin system to remove the rack, while leaving the base of the rack and bed body's in place...

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a lot of cage...I like the rack, but no real keen on the old school roll bar look...

Good find...