Stock exhaust exit pre-axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've searched and have not found what I'm looking for. I would like some feedback or even a YouTube video of a stock exhaust that's been chopped after the muffler and perhaps turned down. How much louder is it? How much drone? I bought my truck with a full length MBRP system, so I've never been in a stock exhaust truck. I just picked up from a local HARO guy a full length stock exhaust system. I'd like to cut it before the axle and point it down with new tips, unless it's got drone or is too noisy. I occasionally tow with rear seat passengers and the MBRP with engine loaded is a bit much in the cab for long drives.
Assistance please, if you've got info. Thanks!

o-townFLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried it with the stock can. No significant change in anything... I then went with a straight turn down only using the OEM resonator. Much louder with a little a bit of drone. I have since changed it to a Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown. More my liking with some drone at low RPM's but manageable...

STOCK RES w/ TURNDOWN

6E929E03-36A0-4319-8FFD-5DD9493FBC1E_1.jpg

STOCK RES w/ FLOWMASTER 40 TURNDOWN

BB9AB4A4-F0F3-408C-87FA-4F98EFCF583D.jpg

FC30FA70-3D38-4B4B-B1AA-23049920A536.jpg

Last edited: