Opinions needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So...long story short I installed SW LT headers with the true dual exhaust stube mufflers. Love how aggressive it is but the drone is awful. Tries moving tipa, adding cc inserts and nothing.

Now I'm moving to a y pipe and debating between exhausts. I have my eyes on a Borla Touring & the Corsa Extreme w/black tips. the videos of the corsa it sounds great....but video is always tough to judge vs live. Chris over at Freedom Motorsports gave me a solid run down on the Corsa with the headers installed and how it's "wicked" with no drone. This would be ideal...but may be a bit too aggressive for me...but who knows since my main concern is drone. The Borla touring is definitely quieter and has a deeper tone. I haven't found anyone who had it installed with headers so I'm wondering about the drone. This would be a deal breaker if there is drone. I had also looked at the ford racing exhaust (I had ordered one previously and sent it back after going full SW) and know it's the same as the borla...wondering if the tones are the same.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

OP
OP
SlimChaChi

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea i got an SVC tune coming some time soon. Let's see how that helps. The 5* is great...drone killed me though. I read in another thread a member had the touring exhaust with arh headers and had really bad drone. So that may be out at this point.

OP
OP
SlimChaChi

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea i saw a few posts on that and think you may have posted the full write up in a thread I started a few weeks back. Checked a couple shops in the area. One just got back to me yesterday...after reaching out a couple weeks ago.