Man that Magnaflow sound good.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I got my Raptor on Halloween 2011. Since I am in Chicago, I have yet to have my windows down.

However, we are having a freaky heat wave and it is close to 60 here today. Went for the cruise during lunch. Had the side windows down and the rear slider open.

Holy Crap does that Magnaflow sound nasty on these beasts!!!!

For $500, shipped (ebay), its a no brainer for potential exhaust buyers.

That is all. :peace:

ITSALLGOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got my Raptor on Halloween 2011. Since I am in Chicago, I have yet to have my windows down.

However, we are having a freaky heat wave and it is close to 60 here today. Went for the cruise during lunch. Had the side windows down and the rear slider open.

DID YOU GO WITH THE 14'' OR 18'' Magnaflow muffler ? my local custom exhaust shop qouted me $ 200 installed for the 18'' they also said there is no reason to change out the pipe after the mufller, its plenty big !

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DID YOU GO WITH THE 14'' OR 18'' Magnaflow muffler ? my local custom exhaust shop qouted me $ 200 installed for the 18'' they also said there is no reason to change out the pipe after the mufller, its plenty big !

I went with the full Magnaflow Catback system for the 6.2, not sure what the actual exhaust size is, but its gotta be half as long as the OEM monster.

Full stainless unit too. :peace:

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score

OK.. I'll ask the obligatory drone question... :beatdeadhorse5:

drone at speed?

MAN I miss my old exhaust but it was a bit obnoxious at speed and I couldn't hear anyone in the back. My wife has begged me to not do anything to the exhaust because she just couldn't stand the old one.

~BGM

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK.. I'll ask the obligatory drone question... :beatdeadhorse5:

drone at speed?

MAN I miss my old exhaust but it was a bit obnoxious at speed and I couldn't hear anyone in the back. My wife has begged me to not do anything to the exhaust because she just couldn't stand the old one.

~BGM

You could always say... "Honey, that's what it sounds like when it's broken in" :ROFLJest:

OP
OP
Big Blue

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sound clip?

---
I am here: Google Maps
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The winter has returned to Chicago, but next nice day, I will hang my iphone out the window and get a sound clip.

As far as the "drone" question; None, just great exhaust note. :waytogo:

When you stomp on it, Awesome. When highway cruising, no louder than OEM.

Last edited: