Magnaflow X-Pipe Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im late to this party , no cats? How did it turn out , whats it supposed to do?

OP
OP
Bad_Rooster

Bad_Rooster

Reaction score
1st pic shows one cat lol, there is cats on it. Just wanted to try something different. Theoretically the 3" pipe to the muffler after the 3.480" y pipe is a restriction as far as math is concerned. Mathematically a 3" pipe will only flow about 360hp non turbo charged, and approximately 330hp with a turbocharged engine ( hotter air = more expansion for the turbo ) In my racing days this was tested quite often even at my high elevation as was found to be a very close guide.
I have installed a butt load of exhaust systems at my shop as well as make custom ones of my own, I like to try different things. It works good, sounds awesome, drone is literally only hit once a day, it has to be exact rpm, gear, throttle load other than that occasional shit its just another exhaust. It definitely makes more poop @ lower elevation for sure as 0 to 60 was improved, but at my elevation not much more noticeable hp with the exception of a much noticed snappier throttle response @ light throttle. After I Installed my Airaid Intake I lost light throttle snap somewhat, gained it back with a bit of improvement after the exhaust was done. Gas mileage still up slightly ( no change from the intake first being installed ) by .6 miles to the gallon.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see the x pipe but what are the mufflers you are running and how is it exiting?