I just want to change the muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont think a full system swap is really worth the $$$ I want a bit more sound and to keep the factory dual tips. NO DRONE... is there a muffler that fits this ?

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A muffler shop can make almost anything fit. Borla Pro XS for $100 FTW!

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My son and I both have Borla Pro XS 40349 mufflers installed on our trucks. My son recently had his resonator removed. He has no drone even in 6th gear at 1800 rpm. His truck sounds real good. I still have my resonator with good sound and no drone. My son has $195.41 spent on his setup and I have $162.63.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys... Zboat , where did you find a borla for 100? Is it a dual out so you can reuse the factory tips?

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys... Zboat , where did you find a borla for 100? Is it a dual out so you can reuse the factory tips?

If it's a single out they can put a 1 in 2 out short y pipe on it to get it to work. An exhaust shop can do just about anything if you ask.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Borla 40349 Muffler:Amazon:Automotive

Single in, dual out. I could have reused the factory tips but I had some Ford Racing exhaust pipes and tips I bought cheap on eBay.

Man, I'm cheap. :)

ne8age3u.jpg

I tried some exhaust wrap to cover up an ugly weld job. Ended up looking worse.

a3ydyzuv.jpg

Deleted resonator too.

muresama.jpg

ysebeqa4.jpg

uzytujyv.jpg

Last edited:

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Got ours from Summit Racing for 108.97 each shipped. I'm in TN and they shipped from their GA location and I received them next day.