Deciding on Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwjstruebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I have been looking at getting an exhaust for the last few months and am now making the choice on what exactly I want. I have watched so many different videos and sound clips etc.

I have a CAI and tune so she will breathe great once I get something.
I love the sound that the intake and tune make with a stock exhaust but now I am wanting just a lil more in both performance and some sound :emotions36:

I am wanting to do headers and everything.

I am swaying toward SW Headers and Exhaust with the exit right infront of passanger rear wheel. I love how my Lightening's exhaust is right there.

If anyone has this setup or any good or bad comments... As you all know it isn't "cheap" to do any modifications to the truck and is time consuming so I want to make the best decision with the most info!!

OP
OP
pwjstruebig

pwjstruebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are many here that have SW setup and love it!!!

That is great to hear! so the SW setup is worth the lil extra money? Also I heard the stock headers are "weak shi7" compared to any aftermarket headers? I'm going to be ordering the exhaust first then headers I think b/c the build time on the exhaust is longer then headers. Can I put the exhaust on with the stock headers? Then put in the SW headers after? Just from what I read it takes an ass load of time to do the headers.

Stainless Works

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That is great to hear! so the SW setup is worth the lil extra money? Also I heard the stock headers are "weak shi7" compared to any aftermarket headers? I'm going to be ordering the exhaust first then headers I think b/c the build time on the exhaust is longer then headers. Can I put the exhaust on with the stock headers? Then put in the SW headers after? Just from what I read it takes an ass load of time to do the headers.

Great question, yes you can purchase an exhaust and then add the headers later. You can choose our factory connect catback with a chambered muffler, part number FTRPTCBCY. This will give you a good exhaust note without being too loud, then you can add the headers later and still have a full exhaust with a good mild sound. The standard FTRPT10CBY is standard with our S-Tube mufflers, but when you add headers it can be aggressive in sound.

ftrpt10cby.jpg