let there be light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
posting these as requested in another thread regarding lighting.

Attachments

• IMG_0269.jpg
    IMG_0269.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Looks awesome!

Couple questions though. Wouldn't you want that rear bar to be amber? I am thinking that you are going to blind the poor sap behind you, plus with amber it will do a better job cutting through the dust so they will see you. Or is it only going to be on when backing up? I have rear amber lights and they are bright enough for backing up so have best of both worlds.

What are the direct side lights for? I would think you would want those facing more towards the front to give light to the sides of the trail or perhaps they have a wider shot.

OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome! Couple questions though. Wouldn't you want that rear bar to be amber? I am thinking that you are going to blind the poor sap behind you, plus with amber it will do a better job cutting through the dust so they will see you. Or is it only going to be on when backing up? I have rear amber lights and they are bright enough for backing up so have best of both worlds. What are the direct side lights for? I would think you would want those facing more towards the front to give light to the sides of the trail or perhaps they have a wider shot.

There are two diffuse lights in the bumper that I use for backing up or connecting to a trailer. If I need more light than that I'll hit the rear 30. The side lights and the rear 30 will only be used when I'm stationary and prepping to hunt and are located to surround the truck with light. The forward facing lights are for the same thing but also for use while driving on the trail to my hunt locations. The use was to surround the truck with light to illuminate a large area all around with a front or rear focus.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner