Sirius

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
When I had my first 6 months of Sirius radio I found myself tuning in the local stations or my USB hard drive more. So I let it expire but I did like the travel link with the weather mainly to keep an eye on Colorado thunderstorms and hail! The last two weeks Sirius was on for free and mailed out a special 130 channels for six months at $25 with no activation charge, so I called and did that offer adding the travel link (no activation) planning on dropping the radio channels after the special period runs out and keeping the travel link. I don't think if I had called just for the travel link they would have waved the activation charge! :waytogo:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Activation charge. What slick marketing. You pay for something but can't use it until you pay more to use what you already bought. If somebody figures out how to do this with condoms, they'll be filthy rich in a week!

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I hope you didn't give them a credit card number... They will go ahead and renew your account and charge you for the full year @ $175ish when your 6 months is up.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All you do is call and cancel before your six month period is up, not that hard!

you would think.... but ive heard stories of calling and then getting charged, and then a double charge, and being on the phone again getting the run around to get it refunded..... and while i love the weather and stuff from travel link, and i generally do keep it on The Boneyard channel, the stories ive heard are giving me pause on doing anything after my free 6 months.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
It was quite an ordeal for me to get mine canceled (they auto-renewed, even though I paid by check to keep them from charging my CC for a renewal). It took me 30 minutes to get it all sorted out, not count the times the automated system hung up on me. They try to make it as painful as possible to cancel.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sirius auto renewed me so I called to tell them I wanted to cancel service. They ended up giving me 6 months free just to keep me.

chapba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on month 10 of my free 6 month subscription. Thanks for the oversight Sirius :) (of course after i post this and climb into the truck i know it will end...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter