My Ford Touch Update to v.3.6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Ford Touch Update to v.3.6.2

I just received a letter for my daughters 2013 Escape that an update will be rolling out in August. From v3.5.1 to v3.6.2 version.
There is also an upgrade for the NAV and I ordered the FREE SD Card upgrade kit.
I'm assuming this will be for all Ford My Touch vehicles.

Just FYI guys.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SD Card Kit for the Nav software came overnighted by Fed Ex. Free of charge

Still waiting for more info (exact release date in August) for the 3.6.2 My Ford Touch update from Ford.

Last edited:

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am anxiously waiting for my letter. I called the dealer and they didnt have a clue. I went to syncmyride and it said i had the latest version. Let us know how it goes.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
from previous experince you can install the update in your truck if its mft. did that prior for an edge and explorer with no issues when v2 came out

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I spoke with my dealer when I received the letter two days ago, that was the first time they heard anything about 3.6 rolling out in August.

Here's a scan of the letter for MFT for my daughters 2013 Escape Titanium 2.0L Eco boost

Scan_Pic0078.jpg

and one of the SD NAV Kit

Note:
My daughter's Escape already had this one, why Ford sent me this one I'm not sure, but I used it just incase.
Maybe Ford thinks the card may get corrupt?

Scan_Pic0079.jpg

Wish I could get the FREE NAV UPDATE for my 2010 Raptor, they want $199 for new Nav maps.

Note: there is talk around the water cooler about MFT and Sirius both are blaming each other about the whole Ford MFT system not working on any Ford vehicles.

My wife loves her Tahoe with On-Star!!!
I have the safe and sound package on her's and it has come in useful twice with her bi-yearly trips to Disney World over the last 6 years.
And since the car has it's own phone number I can reach her anywhere.
Would be nice if Ford would switch or at least give an option to have On-Star installed in our Ford's
(not that mirror thing, integrated in the vehicles so when someone steals it they can shut her down) . IMO

F150's are now the number 1 vehicle to be stolen!!!!

Last edited:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why the **** do MFT owners get a free nav update when we have to pay $200? Some ********. Especially since they released the update a couple mounts after my build date