Which Mount for Lowrance Elite 5 HDI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a Lowrance Elite 5 HDI but can't seem to find many mounts to fit it. Most of them may only work for the 7 and 9 models? What does everyone have for their 5 models?

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a Lowrance Elite 5 HDI but can't seem to find many mounts to fit it. Most of them may only work for the 7 and 9 models? What does everyone have for their 5 models?

LGE*CTS Motorsports makes a nice one. Had one in my last truck and would definitely buy again. Website might not list the 5 but give them a call, they have the dimensions and can get it cut for you.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I have a Elite 5 HDI and the LGE*CTS mount works just fine like @NE Ford said...

Navigation GPS Unit Brackets for Raptors

I originally used this mount and there was no issues with it but I didn't care for high it sat on the dash and I never used the folding option... it wasn't very user friendly when the power cord was attached.

So I went with the RPG GPS mount and it mounts lower on the dash... I used sticky tape instead of drilling two holes in the GPS bezel. Rock solid and it sits much lower.

GPS Mounts

Pic 1 was the LGE... Pic 2 is the RPG...

IMG_7765_zpssc7dtyrr.jpg

IMG_2849_zpsvutc8pbq.jpg

OP
OP
BigGriff023

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Elite 5 HDI and the LGE*CTS mount works just fine like @NE Ford said...

Navigation GPS Unit Brackets for Raptors

I originally used this mount and there was no issues with it but I didn't care for high it sat on the dash and I never used the folding option... it wasn't very user friendly when the power cord was attached.

So I went with the RPG GPS mount and it mounts lower on the dash... I used sticky tape instead of drilling two holes in the GPS bezel. Rock solid and it sits much lower.

GPS Mounts

Pic 1 was the LGE... Pic 2 is the RPG...

IMG_7765_zpssc7dtyrr.jpg

IMG_2849_zpsvutc8pbq.jpg

I really like how much lower the RPG mount sits. Did you have to call and special order that?

D

Deleted member 12951

I purchased the Trophy 5m and was worried what mount to get. I ended up with the Outlaw Offroad one, ordered the one for the Elite 5m and the holes lined up perfectly. I think most 5's have the same mounting hole.

If I had to do it again, I would of gotten the RPG one. I noticed they list that one to pick now. I imagine it fits the Elite 5 HDI too.

OP
OP
BigGriff023

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased the Trophy 5m and was worried what mount to get. I ended up with the Outlaw Offroad one, ordered the one for the Elite 5m and the holes lined up perfectly. I think most 5's have the same mounting hole.

If I had to do it again, I would of gotten the RPG one. I noticed they list that one to pick now. I imagine it fits the Elite 5 HDI too.

What's the reason that you would go with the RPG mount? I'm leaning towards that one as well, just curious as to everyone's reasons.

D

Deleted member 12951

What's the reason that you would go with the RPG mount? I'm leaning towards that one as well, just curious as to everyone's reasons.

It sits lower and has a brace to keep it from wiggling. I had to modify my Outlaw mount cause it was moving all over the place.