Left Front Door Speaker Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegeneral101

Reaction score
Hello all --

Hoping you can help me out. I noticed yesterday that my 2011 has the speaker out in the drivers door. I checked the audio balance and its in the center.

I was in the glove box installing a light on uplifter switch three this past weekend -- but I really can't imagine that was the cause. Any thought on first steps? I attached a photo of the light for fun! its primarily for camping.

I might test the speaker wires at the door with a voltmeter this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20151124_195521.jpg
    IMG_20151124_195521.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 126

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, nothing you did could have caused this. the amp is under the center console and the speaker wires are not near where you were. i would pull the panel and check. that will probably be the easiest thingto do

OP
OP
thegeneral101

thegeneral101

Reaction score
no, nothing you did could have caused this. the amp is under the center console and the speaker wires are not near where you were. i would pull the panel and check. that will probably be the easiest thingto do

awesome, thank you! Great write-up on the raptor stereo btw. Saw that sticky.

Is this the best tutorial on how to remove the console?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0NgiuEld4A

I'll see what I find.

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
thegeneral101

thegeneral101

Reaction score
I had my front speaker go out in my 2012. Had both front replaced under warranty.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $10 for a chance to win a 50" light bar.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Holiday Cheer "Giving Back" Event. - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

oh, and if you have time, Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

I have the Ford extended warranty -- will probably just take it in. But I like figuring out what happened myself too. Trust but verify. Especially dealer service departments haha

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Left front door speaker works occasionally as well. I'm letting the warranty cover it. But glad to know I'm not the only one with the same problem.

Funny, from your avatar I would have guessed the right door speaker would be the one not working.........lol

Maybe it's from kicking the door open when you're laying across the console trying to get out!!!!