Cell Phone Booster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May be about to purchase a cell phone booster, however I'm not a fan of the magnetic antennaes. Would rather use one that goes on the glass

Been looking at this booster Evidently Wilson has a new name.

Thoughts?

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I own a cell phone store, and will tell you most of these are junk. What you need is a 3 watt amplifier in your truck. If you have ever driven an OnStar chevy, you'll notice that Onstar has service pretty much everywhere in the USA. That is due to their 3 watt system, which all installed car phones used to have. Your cell phone is 0.6 watts, so that is why you get dropped calls when far from towers.

I have seen this system installed, and it does work well - make sure whatever system you get is compatible with the frequency of your cell phone and carrier. LTE phones carry different frequencies between carriers in the USA.

https://www.cellularsolutions.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SC-TriVM-50-KIT&Store_Code=CS&Category_Code=&gclid=CjwKEAjwo5OpBRDU64qO07OXq00SJADn5hYnfyQsLN3HW554ddaqnMaq8DvAkaKu7beoFCyr7sbpJRoCxa3w_wcB

OP
OP
AbnMP13

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ducatisps Have a question, is there any benefit to keeping my Netgear Unite hotspot on my plan if my phone will function as a hotspot?

I recently changed my plan from unlimited data to a mobile share, so I had the Unite to serve as a hotspot for my laptop. Now that I changed plans I can use my phone as the hotspot.

Basically is the anteanna better in the Unite as opposed to my phone?