2010 Scab stereo upgrade.. Your expertise.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkwjunior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i have a 2010 Scab with Nav and Sony system. As we all know the stock stereo blows, so i've done some research and put together this setup. Can someone tell me if this is GTG or do i need something else, or will it even work?

I'm going with the stock Nav/head unit
JL- Cleansweep
Infinity Kappa 5.25" components front with 5x7 speaker adapters
Infinity Kappa 5.25" non components rear with 5x7 speaker adapters
Powering those with a Fosgate 2400watt 4 channel amp from old truck

Sub is a Solobaric 10" L7. from old truck
Powered by a Fosgate Punch 500bd from old truck

Removing center channel speaker

Am i missing anything, will this be GTG, let me know what u think.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where do you plan on putting that sub? it wont fit under a seat. and you should use 6 1/2" speakers, not 5 1/4" you will also need the summing device to go with the cleansweep

OP
OP
R

rkwjunior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where do you plan on putting that sub? it wont fit under a seat. and you should use 6 1/2" speakers, not 5 1/4" you will also need the summing device to go with the cleansweep

I'm fine with putting the small seat up and sitting the sub on the floor, i never usually have passengers, thats what i did in my old quad cab Hemi.

I didnt think 6.5's would fit. Do they make speaker adapters for the 5x7 to 6.5's??

Ok, the summing device it is.

Thanx

OP
OP
R

rkwjunior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes the bigger voice coil allows for more midbass and less distortion. also a wider variety of speakers can be used.

I'll check with the installer to see if they wil make them. If not, can you make up a couple pairs of speaker adapters and send em to me?

In your opinion, what am i looking at for cost to install everything.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

I must be really out of touch with the audio world, because i think the stock system sounds good

HAHA, you must be, it sounds terrible compared to what i had. My father thought it sounded great, i laughed.

It probably sounds good compared to some other oem systems.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must be really out of touch with the audio world, because i think the stock system sounds good

come here so i can kick your ass......

I'll check with the installer to see if they wil make them. If not, can you make up a couple pairs of speaker adapters and send em to me?

In your opinion, what am i looking at for cost to install everything.

i can make them, but the shop doing the work should be able to. its probably a 5-6 hour job for the complete install. the center console needs to come out to access the oem amp