*** Google Maps from phone to on-board screen ***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Anybody knows a way (app) to send the Google Maps from your mobile phone to the truck's screen? I've heard this is doable. Not very eager to update the GPS maps with what Ford has available, and I need to update the 2013 initial maps that came with the truck.

In other words it is a matter of mirroring the mobile phone screen on the truck's dash mounted screen.

I bet a lot of us would love something like this.

Thank you,
GTC-NOVA

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could only see it working if the nav was bluetooth capable. this is why most go with a ipad mount or fish finder.

OP
OP
GTC-NOVA

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could only see it working if the nav was bluetooth capable. this is why most go with a ipad mount or fish finder.

Of course the NAV is bluetooth capable and I have the phone paired already. How would this work then?

D

Deleted member 12951

The only way I can see it work is getting an adapter for your phone and plug it into the AV ports in the console and if possible mirror the display. Also will need to get the NAV-TV unit so you can enable the AV port when moving. Packing tape is a cheaper alternative

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't dug into it too much, but I have tried to connect my iPad through the AV ports because I wanted to display motion X on the console screen and I couldn't get it to work.

OP
OP
GTC-NOVA

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

no1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have OEM front camera, as the Raptor is fully loaded. Good idea though.

All of these have something that you have to do to get front camera working wether is cutting wires or replacing camera, if you want to use front camera when you want. I find it easiest to change camera and not cut any wires. My warranty company won't cover anything related to electrical issues, if they find out that i have modified wiring. With Crux you don't need to cut anything to get mirroring but it won't allow front camera use.