Outback Adventure Track - Stanton, TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I was close to Stanton, TX on my Christmas travels and met frogslinger at Outback Adventure Track
http://outbackadventuretrack.webs.com/
Here is a link to the sat map of the area:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...527,-101.68808&spn=0.012188,0.018282&t=h&z=16
Their area is a usually dry playa lake plus some ATV trails. My dad and I chatted with Randy, the owner, for a while and he was a really nice guy. He told us the soil out there is very alkali and made for a mess to clean up when it was muddy. He also told us of a few spots that looked dry on top but had endless mud below (we steered clear of that). The cost was $10 per vehicle, including passengers. Most of the trails are too narrow for a Jeep, much less a Raptor.

To start off with, we played around the lake bed.
IMG_2846.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2851.jpg

We followed one of the fingers of the lake bed and found a hill climb area we could fit through (I trimmed some mesquite away just before this shot)
IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

Frogslinger went down the one next to me
IMG_2858.jpg

IMG_2860.jpg

A good articulation shot just before he went down:
IMG_2863.jpg

We found a spot to catch some air:
IMG_2864.jpg

IMAG0027_crop.jpg

Just for fun, we pitted my 6.2 against his 5.4 on a smooth section of the lake. When I hit the limiter, he said he was at 85-90. Below 40 it was pretty close. That being said, if you were in rougher stuff, driver skill would make a much bigger impact than more horsepower.

A little more playing around before we left.
IMG_2865.jpg

I wanted to hit up Sam's Surplus on the way back, but they were closed for the holidays. They had an M715 on the lot plus a lot of other stuff.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice writeup...

As to the race... I think I might have had a better launch... seemed like I pulled a fender right away then you came around me by the time I was at about 25-30, and my front was even to your rear bumper by the time I was doing 40... then it was just watching the walk... about 3 lengths when I got to 80, still it was way closer than I expected.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Well this sure was one nice get away. Nice to see you guys meet up for some
romping around. No video?:birgits_tiredcoffee

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that lakebed looks like a great time!
I really like these threads you've put up Kaiser..... they are so detailed its like we"re right there with you.
I've also done a lot of romping with another Raptor as company... its really fun running two together

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Say what, I had to join another Raptor forum in order to see these pics? I see how you are?

J/K with ya dude. Cool pics! I'm going to hit that place up when I get home!

Ps, Come to think of it, I haven't seen the Frog man in a while?

Crosstx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome buddy
Finally got a local on here
U need to make the run west with me to run on blodangles trails sometime when i finally make it there.

OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Say what, I had to join another Raptor forum in order to see these pics? I see how you are?

J/K with ya dude. Cool pics! I'm going to hit that place up when I get home!

Ps, Come to think of it, I haven't seen the Frog man in a while?

It was there :) Let me know what you think after you check it out.