WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, I recently bought a set of side window deflectors from WeatherTech. They are the flush mount model that fits inside the window tracks. When I got home and installed them, I let them set over the weekend so they could properly 'set in' as instructed. Part #: 84697

Anyway, the windows would constantly roll back down when the auto-up feature was used. The window buttons had to be held to get them to roll up.

I called WeatherTech to let them know I was returning them, and the girl on the phone asked if I could try one thing before issuing a return. Here is the process:

1. Roll your window all the way down
2. Hold the window button down for 5 seconds
3. Roll the window up, manually, about an inch at a time until all the way up
4. Roll the window all the way down again
5. Hold the button down again for 3 seconds

This resets the auto-up sensor. They work like a champ now!

You have to do this for both windows, but mine are working fine now.

Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good advice! Any pics?

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
let us know after some time if it still works. i tried everything with mine and finally gave up. i stuck em somewhere. have to see if i can find em

gDMJoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In addition to the recalibration procedure noted above (which BTW is also in the owner's manual), the auto-up bounce goes away after the visors have a time to seat/contort/conform the window seals. Key is to keep the windows in the up position to allow this to happen.

These were originally installed on my 2009 STX and were transferred when the 2011 FX4 was purchased in Oct'2011. Never had an issue on either vehicle .....
pic02-c.jpg

Last edited:

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Put mine on back in 2012 and had the same issue until Weathertech walked me through the reset. Worked for awhile but it will do it again when it's really hot or really cold. Initial severe temperature change to hot or cold seems to expand the seal and the sensor recognizes an obstruction. I just hold the window switch for a few extra seconds until it stays closed.