Svt vent logo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was another thread where a member used some kind of strip light to place behind the vent where the SVT text is...

I had another idea...

Since the vents are easily removed, I thought about taping off the area where the SVT is located and using (please forgive me) Rattle Spray Can paint to paint a small block where the SVT is...

This way when the vent is put back in place, the SVT is highlighted...

I've got a tuxedo black truck and black side vents...

So my thought was to use some metallic blue flame paint or even the same color blue that the ford logo on the tail gate.... I thought that'd stand out pretty nice?

What do you think?

ford_f-150_svt-emblem_10.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why paint it though? just get some tape thats the same color as the logo and put it there.

Doh! SMART!

Not tape per say... but like those vinyl decals/stripes :)

I was thinking back to when I had my corvette... a lot guys were taping off the area where the depressed "corvette" letters were and using gloss black spray paint to fill that area in... then they used a rag with some mineral spirits to carefully remove the excess...

Vinyl Decal/Tape... GREAT IDEA!

I just need a few small pieces of it, like some scrap... I might contact VetteStripes.com and tell them I was a former customer (which I was) and see if they can send me some small scrap pieces... doubt they'll have the right blue, but maybe Red?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i've got red craft foam behind mine. u can actually kind of see it in my sig

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ironman,

That's awesome! Great minds think alike... I never saw your video before until now.:waytogo:

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I used copper, lightly coated with silicone to keep the patina from forming.
I doubt it'd look good on orange, but I like it on black...

167062_10150128686434283_661084282_7822386_8341196_n.jpg

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very cool thanks for the videos. Im doing that this week end!

I also put some amber LED lighting inside the vents and connected them to Aux 4 it looks good at night but the red vinyl tape is a nice addition for day time!