Spare tire carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

no1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spare tire carrier/bed rack build

Last edited:

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WSI will sell their 2 tire rack in DIY form that should help with your shipping costs if you go that route, I also have a 2 tire rack for sale but you would have to work out shipping for it. Most comercial racks are built from 1.5" 0.120 wall tube (not pipe). As for mounts you can either made some cups that fit over your bed bolts that the rack inserts into and use cotter pins to retain it, or weld threaded tube to the top of the bolt head and use a large nut to hold the rack down (see the pics in my for sale thread).

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I know, lol but in all seriousness i love how that looks and looks like it's build to last. I just can't justify myself (wife) to pay shipping. It would make me sick ;) I know how to weld and i have connections to metal workshop where i can do it and buy materials.

We'll hold it until you have a container full of stuff!

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have seen your sale thread and few other ones. Shipping it here would be awful. You have to for give me because in foreigner and i get mixed in words sometimes ;) It would be lot easier if all would speak same language. I have looked your tire carrier and it only have two mounting spots on both sides. So my question is that is it enough to keep it in place? This is one of the reasons also why i think i would like to have rack one type of solution besides to cover whole bed.

This is more than enough to hold it down you can ask a few people here about how I drive my truck they will vouch for them never coming out.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I got message yesterday that first one left already so i hope my suspension arrives in time to second one. With Rogue set up I'm worried by side supports getting in way when i load sheetrock and plywood boards on bed. Normally they lift it by fork lift there, so tire carrier has to be removable.

Don't be a wimp, pick it up and put it in yourself!