Soft Tonneau

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I searched and seems like everyone is getting the BakFlip. I'm looking for a soft tonneau roll up cover.

I've been looking at the Truxedo Lo Pro QT and the Extang Revolution.

Can someone give me the pros and cons? Any other suggestions?

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pro: inexpensive
Con: someone could cut it open with a pocket knife and steel all the shit in your bed.

Last edited:

IronHawk

Reaction score
I just installed a Truxedo TonneauTrax. Basically a Lo Pro QT with 4 adjustable ties down in the rails. The best part of..Morrie from the Bakflip factory outlet will still hook you up with an unbeatable price! Install took about 45 minutes. We got about 6 inches of snow this weekend here in Iowa and it sat on top of the cover with no real sagging or anything. Obviously there is a security drawback with a softcover but if someone wants what you might have back there bad enough, you can pop a Bakflip too. Lock the tailgate and hope for the best. The tradeoff I made with myself for going with a soft cover was the increased number of ties downs. I've only had it a week, but so far, so good.
For the price of a Bakflip I got this and the BedRug.

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not really worried about people stealing anything. I won't have anything worth stealing in there.

I just ordered the Extang Revolution because I didn't want to deal with the velcro all the time. Also, the Extang was reasonably cheaper

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
roll up. i will be using my bed alot and do not want any boxes or parts of the cover in the way of the already small bed. i am not worried about security either. so the soft cover will suit me best. plus the hard covers are pretty expensive and most of the soft ones are fairly inexpensive which is a plus for me.