Red SVT fender logo mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
IMG00175-20100618-1426.jpg
IMG00176-20100618-1427.jpg

I removed the SVT fender vents and put some red craft foam cut to size behind the SVT logo. Whaddya think??

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Go to a craft store and they sell sheets of foam in all different colors- kind of like construction paper except it's 1/16" foam sheets. Cut it to size- 3" x 1 1/4" and clear coat it with a matte finish clear coat(they sell special CC that won't eat the foam at the store).

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Hey BirdMan so you didn't go with that glow tape on yours.
Nice to see you guys on here also..

FlounderStalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey BirdMan so you didn't go with that glow tape on yours.
Nice to see you guys on here also..

I intend to do the glow tape, but wanted something immediately - like today. I'm growing tired of the black SVT in a black grill. It looks like a mistake on a black truck.

Went to the store and bought the color i thought would match the orange interior. Boy was i wrong!!!! I was way off!!!!! I'll have to postpone that mod until after vacation.

Batman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree it is a little mistake on Ford's part to put the SVT black in a black grill. You would think they would want that to stand out.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I agree it is a little mistake on Ford's part to put the SVT black in a black grill. You would think they would want that to stand out.

i scoffed at the back lighting idea at first because it seemed a little Ricey to me, but it grew on me...then my laziness lead to invention with this.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really need or want it to light up, but I want to make mine red now to go with the red lettering on my General Grabbers. I also don't need mine to sparkle like yours because I'm not as fancy as you, Mr. Bird.

I'm gonna look for a red that matches well with the "Grabber" writing and is sort of a flat or matte red and give this a whirl