My new tonneau cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BORG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after much searching, I settled for a Truck Cover USA (TCUSA) tonneau cover. The install took about 2 hours and I must say it turned out pretty slick! I especially like the following:

1. Matt texture (personally do not like the glossy finish on some others).

2. The ability to lock it at one-foot intervals.

3. Very low profile.

4. Ability to operate and lock independant of the tailgate.

5. Strong, guaranteed to support 300lbs.

6. Quality construction, components do not look and feel cheap.

7. Four drain-hoses (it rains A LOT here).

8. Lastly, keeps my things dry, out of sight and reasonably safe.

I would recommend this item. :waytogo:

Attachments

• IMG_3080.jpg
    IMG_3080.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_3076.jpg
    IMG_3076.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_3077.jpg
    IMG_3077.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_3081.jpg
    IMG_3081.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_3085.jpg
    IMG_3085.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 264

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
looks nice.

I wish roll top companies would make a roll top where the box was rectangular. Rather than the box being 10"x10" or 12"x12" or whatever it is, make it 3"x20" or something along those lines so it's the height of the bed, but only takes up a couple inches of bed length. It'd sacrafice a lot less usable bed space that way.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice top, congrads.

I looked at the Truck Cover USA versus the Retrax before I bought.

The only thing I liked about the TCUSA was the Matt finish versus the gloss finish of the retrax. Other than that, I preferred the retrax due to;

1) I did not like the strap you need to grab everytime you want to open, close the top. It gets in the way.

2) 4 drain plugs is overkill. 2 works just fine. I see the 2 in your pic by the OEM drain plugs (same a retrax), where are the other 2 at??

3) You can lock the retrax in ANY position, not just every foot.

Regards and good luck. :peace:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love roll and lock bed covers... Had a Pace Edwards on my 06 F350 but, for the Raptor I cant afford the bed loss that the roll up covers use...

firebrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love roll and lock bed covers... Had a Pace Edwards on my 06 F350 but, for the Raptor I cant afford the bed loss that the roll up covers use...

Do you have a Roll n Lock on your Raptor? If so how do you like it?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a Roll n Lock on your Raptor? If so how do you like it?

I have a BakFlip on the Raptor and its great!!! With the roll and lock covers you lose a
9in x 9in section of the bed... and its really 10 x 13 because the top does not go completly into the cover box... That is way to much bed loss for my truck...

OP
OP
BORG

BORG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2) 4 drain plugs is overkill. 2 works just fine. I see the 2 in your pic by the OEM drain plugs (same a retrax), where are the other?

The other two drain plugs are located just before the tailgate. I live in a weather convergence zone, so it practically rains too much here. Any help I can get in preventing water from pooling is always welcome :waytogo:

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

looks good how much was it

Off the top of my head, I believe it was $1,700.00. Purchased too many mods recently and I've lost track of how much was spent towards some of the stuff.

Plus, it's too early in the morning ... :birgits_tiredcoffee

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Do they make a power version?

I don't think so.

Last edited: