Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Exterior Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.


Ford Raptor Exterior Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

Matte black vinyl wrap on fender flares


This is a discussion on Matte black vinyl wrap on fender flares within the Ford Raptor Exterior Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by ISFast Well I can tell you just go get some extra plastic black push pins and don't ...


User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
 
swoop1156's Avatar
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Age: 35
Posts: 3,291
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by ISFast View Post
Well I can tell you just go get some extra plastic black push pins and don't worry about saving the factory ones! Got mine Line-X and had about half of them I put back with new ones. Once you pull out the black push pins they should pull straight off to the side. Get the 15ct from your local auto store well worth going back with new.
Simple black push-pins commonly referred to as "Christmas Trees"? You're truck must be special, because mine have stupid ridiculous yellow, grey and black clip type things holding them on.

I tried to track them down at the dealer with a part number and they couldn't even get them. I have a picture saved someplace around here, but with everything packed up in my move -- I don't think I'll be able to get it.

The easiest way I personally did it was for the front; remove the front first and then stick your hand and then whole arm up and around the top, feeling and pressing the clip together and popping it out of the hole that the flare attaches to.

Same for the rear, but I started at the rear.






swoop1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #32 (permalink)
 
BIRDMAN's Avatar
Administrator

 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,905
Mentioned: 286 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by swoop1156 View Post
Simple black push-pins commonly referred to as "Christmas Trees"? You're truck must be special, because mine have stupid ridiculous yellow, grey and black clip type things holding them on.

I tried to track them down at the dealer with a part number and they couldn't even get them. I have a picture saved someplace around here, but with everything packed up in my move -- I don't think I'll be able to get it.

The easiest way I personally did it was for the front; remove the front first and then stick your hand and then whole arm up and around the top, feeling and pressing the clip together and popping it out of the hole that the flare attaches to.

Same for the rear, but I started at the rear.
So can you give a (more) detailed explanation of what the clips are and where they attach so I know what I'm getting in to?


And why does the text in BOLD sound like something trolls posted in the Supporting Member's Lounge?


__________________


Help Support FRF - Become A FRF Supporting Member!

Get Your FRF Decals

Play slow pitch softball? Check out Softball Forum!
BIRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #33 (permalink)
 
swoop1156's Avatar
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Age: 35
Posts: 3,291
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by BIRDMAN View Post
So can you give a (more) detailed explanation of what the clips are and where they attach so I know what I'm getting in to?
See pics below. (Please excuse the photo-editing skills. My shit is jacked for some reason.) Red are the black "Christmas Tree" push pins that you can get a 15-pack at any auto store.

The Yellow are the pain in my ass that I had to endure. NOTE: Some of my yellow clip pin things were grey and shaped differently. If I remember, there were two each per side. I think they were the ones in the very first and last positions.
Originally Posted by BIRDMAN View Post
And why does the text in BOLD sound like something trolls posted in the Supporting Member's Lounge?
Because you are a sick bastard, but I like it!
Attached Thumbnails
aimag0388.jpg   aimag0401.jpg   aimag0402.jpg  



swoop1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
 
BIRDMAN's Avatar
Administrator

 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,905
Mentioned: 286 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by swoop1156 View Post
See pics below. (Please excuse the photo-editing skills. My shit is jacked for some reason.) Red are the black "Christmas Tree" push pins that you can get a 15-pack at any auto store.

The Yellow are the pain in my ass that I had to endure. NOTE: Some of my yellow clip pin things were grey and shaped differently. If I remember, there were two each per side. I think they were the ones in the very first and last positions.

Because you are a sick bastard, but I like it!
Nice! Thanks for that, exactly what I needed. So what tools did you use to remove them? Any tips/regrets?


__________________


Help Support FRF - Become A FRF Supporting Member!

Get Your FRF Decals

Play slow pitch softball? Check out Softball Forum!
BIRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #35 (permalink)
 
swoop1156's Avatar
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Age: 35
Posts: 3,291
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
I am typing on a gay ass iPad, so I'll write more when I am on a real computer. No regrets, I do have tips. I'll get back to you.


swoop1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #36 (permalink)
 
SilverBolt's Avatar
Hired Gun

 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Age: 54
Posts: 2,224
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by swoop1156 View Post
Simple black push-pins commonly referred to as "Christmas Trees"? You're truck must be special, because mine have stupid ridiculous yellow, grey and black clip type things holding them on.

I tried to track them down at the dealer with a part number and they couldn't even get them. I have a picture saved someplace around here, but with everything packed up in my move -- I don't think I'll be able to get it.

The easiest way I personally did it was for the front; remove the front first and then stick your hand and then whole arm up and around the top, feeling and pressing the clip together and popping it out of the hole that the flare attaches to.

Same for the rear, but I started at the rear.
Swoop get me a photo of the clip/fastener you are talking about. I can likely get them. We supply a lot of fasteners to the auto manufacturers and aftermarket.


__________________
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2018 Raptor Screw 802A White
SilverBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #37 (permalink)
 
BIRDMAN's Avatar
Administrator

 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,905
Mentioned: 286 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by swoop1156 View Post
I am typing on a gay ass iPad, so I'll write more when I am on a real computer. No regrets, I do have tips. I'll get back to you.
Originally Posted by SilverBolt View Post
Swoop get me a photo of the clip/fastener you are talking about. I can likely get them. We supply a lot of fasteners to the auto manufacturers and aftermarket.
waiting impatiently guys thanks for any help you can offer :)


__________________


Help Support FRF - Become A FRF Supporting Member!

Get Your FRF Decals

Play slow pitch softball? Check out Softball Forum!
BIRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member

 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: WPB Florida
Age: 55
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
I removed mine when I did the graphics, after removing the couple of screws and the plastic clips start in the bottom corner and start pulling it off and work your way around the fender pretty easy to do and easy to reinstall, it sounds worse than it is as the clips release. the vynal we used is 3m scotchprint which is made for vehicle wrap.make sure you have a heat gun and I think it would be best to start in the center and work it left and right lots of patience
baiter joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:22 PM   #39 (permalink)
 
SVTCALI's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gilroy, Ca
Age: 33
Posts: 325
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
I really want to do this... just not sure if I have the patience to do it right.


__________________
SVTCALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:34 PM   #40 (permalink)
 
swoop1156's Avatar
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Age: 35
Posts: 3,291
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
BIRDY!

I am kinda drinking and not sure on details I can say them correctly. I'll tell them to you tomorrow as I think I can't be correct.

Fucking clips. I hate those things. I think I broke two of them, so someplace in my fender flares there are two missing. Oh well.


swoop1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fender Flares... Shaggy Ford Raptor Exterior Modifications Forum [GEN 1] 40 08-05-2013 08:45 PM
Matte Black XD Series Addict coming this week! BIRDMAN Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1] 34 01-18-2013 12:27 PM
Red SVT fender logo mod BIRDMAN Ford Raptor Exterior Modifications Forum [GEN 1] 25 04-01-2012 08:55 AM
Matte black fuel door cover BIRDMAN Ford Raptor Exterior Modifications Forum [GEN 1] 7 08-16-2010 12:27 PM
Painted Bumpers and fender flares IRONMAN Ford Raptor Exterior Modifications Forum [GEN 1] 3 07-23-2010 11:09 AM



GM Truck Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Dodge Ram Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Jeep Liberty Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Land Rover Forum
Scion FR-S Forum
TRD Forum
Central US Mopars
Southeast Mopars
Cadillac CTS Forum
Oklahoma Dodge Ram Club
Softball Forum