Front License Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Acknowledging the topic of mounting license plates has been discussed previously on this forum, I would like to post it again and ask for suggestions. Given that my month old 2011 Raptor resides deep in the heart of Texas , I need a front license plate if I want to stay out of trouble and have been looking high and low for a creative way to mount the front plate without disturbing the awesome/mean look of the Raptor. Does anyone have any new ideas?

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rubber band it to your passengers side visor. Leave it up. Get pulled over, pull it down. I did this in Texas on my Mustangs for years.

OP
OP
dataustin

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
whtrapta, I hear you. I was just thinking that everything else on this truck is so over the top that using the supplied bracket seems ordinary. Obviously I would rather leave the plate off so maybe I should start lobbying at the state capitol to get the law requiring a front plate revised....

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
Knock on wood real hard on a daily basis

Don't put one on and know how to bs a cop when your day finally comes??

That's what I'm doing an I live in Cali

The front visor trick is a good one too

If anything atleast carry it in ur truck

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never run a front plate despite multiple tickets by the Federales! :)

The thing is that 99% of the times I've been stopped, it has usually been for speeding, stop signs and the like. After talking with the cops, I've always had good luck driving away without a moving violation but would settle on a fix-it ticket for no front plate. No plate gives them an option to let you off easy.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fastners

I'm using stainless and nylon spacers from Ace. Bolt, flat washer, front plate, two nylon spacers, bumper, single nylon spacer, flat washer, lock washer, wingnut. No plastic bracket.

Attachments

• IMG_8160.jpg
    IMG_8160.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 129
OP
OP
dataustin

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Debate, thanks for the simple and inexpensive solution. I like the idea of being able to easily remove the plate if needed along with the cost of hardware ($4.98). Bottom line....I am legal and it looks good!