Anyone have a Rollbak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That cross section says it all. Retrax Pro is the best. If only it had the textured finish it would be perfect.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to powder coat or line-x it to give it a textured finish?

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would it be possible to powder coat or line-x it to give it a textured finish?

I don't think so, it would need to be pulled apart, then it might not roll. It's really tight, fits perfect, I can't imagine a layer of linex would be good.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think so, it would need to be pulled apart, then it might not roll. It's really tight, fits perfect, I can't imagine a layer of linex would be good.

Ok that answers that, lol. I wasn't sure if the fit was too tight to add a layer of whatever so i threw the idea out there. Thanks for the quick response.

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TCUSA does not sell direct to the public. Retax will though. I can tell you that the price of the two covers is about the same if you find a reputable dealer.

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That cross section says it all. Retrax Pro is the best.

Not necessarily. The RP slats are more beefy, but they are connected with rubber, that's the weak point. TCUSA slats are not connected with rubber.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. The RP slats are more beefy, but they are connected with rubber, that's the weak point. TCUSA slats are not connected with rubber.

Meaning the rubber will degrade over time? Which is the better of the two in your opinion?

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RetraxPro is new and has not been around long enough to form an opinion. The RetraxOne (made of Lexan) and RetraxPro share the same canister and rails, but the two curtains are not the same at all. It needs to be field tested for a while.

Shortbusdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was all set on the Rollbak till I read this, now Im not sure. I might have to save up a little longer to get one of the others.

I really liked that there wasn't a lock or anything on top, the latch is hidden inside the tailgate.

I thought someone had posted saying that they had the rollbak in a different thread but he hasn't come here.

EDIT: I just noticed that the last post on this thread was two years ago so maybe there is more info on this cover now. I would like to know if anyone has one of these yet and what they think.