Anyone have a Rollbak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Retrax pro doesn't leak at all. Water goes to the rails, and down the drains.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next week, let me get the entire thing finished.

Please be sure to take a few of the bed rug and retrax by the bulkhead. I am really interested to see how you did the install with the drain hoses.

Regards. :peace:

OP
OP
L

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'll wait for these pics to make up my mind. I don't hink I'd pony up for the pro but the regular one for $1000 could be doable.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mm, i saw the regular one on a display at the shop, the difference is huge. The slats on the pro are bigger, stronger, and it rolls nicer. ..but I suppose you get what you pay for, although $1000 is nothing to sneeze at.

OP
OP
L

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only one I've seen in person is a Roll n lock which wasn't all that impressive. I may need to go hit up some other accessories places.

I still need to do an alarm and perch mod too. Maybe I should just trade this thing in. Gas isn't my biggest cost, it's the add-ons.

Boostin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mm, i saw the regular one on a display at the shop, the difference is huge. The slats on the pro are bigger, stronger, and it rolls nicer. ..but I suppose you get what you pay for, although $1000 is nothing to sneeze at.

Did you by chance take a look at any of the Pace Edwards' retractable covers?

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RetraxPro is a good cover. But, you should also look at TruckCoversUSA. Like the RetraxPro, TCUSA is also made of double-walled black powdercoated aluminum. TCUSA has a textured finish which is less likely to show scratches than the RetraxPro's smooth finish.

Other differences, I'm not saying the differences are bad or good, they're just differences:
1. TCUSA is spring loaded and locks every 12 inches. RP is not spring loaded, you can position the cover anywhere and lock it into place.
2. TCUSA requires 4 drain tubes, two in the front and two at the rear. RP requires two in the front.
3. RP is easier to install than TCUSA.
4. TCUSA slats are interconnected. The slats in the RetraxPro are connected with rubber.

Pace Edward covers are OK, but I would put them a notch below RetraxPro and TCUSA. The PE Full Metal Jack Rabbit is much nicer looking than the PE Jack Rabbit (vinyl laminated aluminum). Again, PE covers are not bad covers, you probably would be happy with one of these also.

I don't like the Rollbak...at all. I don't like that the cover has a tailgate bulb that just sits against the inside wall of the tailgate.

RetraxPro
RetraxPro1-1.jpg

RetraxPro2-1.jpg

TCUSA
Raptor4.jpg

Raptor5.jpg

Cross sections; RetraxPro on the left, TCUSA on the right. If you're wondering how water does not penetrate throught TCUSA, the answer is that there is a seal underneath the slats that takes water to the side rails. The rails have water channels that then take the water out either through the front or rear drain tubes. It sounds weird, but it works, and works well.
RetraxPro3.jpg

Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the textured finish of the TCUSA over the gloss finish if the Retrax, but I dont like the fact that you have 4 drain plugs vs 2.

I also do not like the fact that there is no pricing on TCUSAs website. I hate when vendors force you to call them just to get a price.