Brushed Aluminum Dents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasTexas95

Reaction score
So I swore up and down that if I ever got a Raptor one day that it would be white and that I hated the blue interior with brushed aluminum trim. That all went to hell though when I found a white one at the right price. Only problem was it had the ugly blue interior. I almost turned my back on it but I was in the area and went to look at it for ***** and giggles just to see how the interior looked in person (prior to this, I had only seen the black interior and the brick red special edition color) the red was definitely not my taste and so I figured I'd get the regular interior. In fact, I had been talking with my best buddy and we agreed we both hated the blue. Long story short, we both went down to look at the truck and an hour later I was driving it home. The blue was awesome in person. I love it.

Here is my only gripe. The brushed aluminum is allergic to any contact to it whatsoever. I'm pretty gentle on my interior and it's always immaculate. As I clean it, I notice little dents and dings all over the place though. Can these be fixed? Any suggestions? I wonder if a hail and dent repair place could massage them out somehow? I know it's a little ridiculous since it's a truck and all but they still bother me. Has anyone fixed or replaced theirs?

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm certain they can be straightened out by someone who does trim work. It would be just like straightening chrome trim from a classic car. Obviously everything needs to be soft and anything that touches the face has to be scratch free like a microfiber. Have any pics?

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The aluminum overlay panels are so thin that they could never be repaired 100%. I had overlay panels like this in a previous 2013 Mustang, so I knew going into this truck to be very careful with them. I'm pretty gentle on my interior too and noticed an indentation on the driver side of my center console aluminum trim... below the console lid and above the seat belt buckle. I don't know how it got there, but it didn't make me happy to see.

Your best bet would be to purchase the standard Raptor plastic interior trim panels and replace the aluminum overlay panels. Luckily, the standard panels aren't ridiculously expensive like the aluminum panels are.

Dalamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dent's can't really be fixed as others have said.
I just got mine, same interior. love it. came with 3 dents. small and not to conspicuous.

if you're looking to protect if from marks and prints ect, a sealant like JetSeal would help with that.

Dusty Bottoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The aluminum overlay panels are so thin that they could never be repaired 100%. I had overlay panels like this in a previous 2013 Mustang, so I knew going into this truck to be very careful with them. I'm pretty gentle on my interior too and noticed an indentation on the driver side of my center console aluminum trim... below the console lid and above the seat belt buckle. I don't know how it got there, but it didn't make me happy to see.

Your best bet would be to purchase the standard Raptor plastic interior trim panels and replace the aluminum overlay panels. Luckily, the standard panels aren't ridiculously expensive like the aluminum panels are.

Do you happen to know the part number for this? I can seem to only find the brushed aluminum ones online. My aluminum trims are absolutely destroyed (due to the previous owner).