Ambient Light Option Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Generally speaking for regular (non-Raptor) F-150, the pre-2013 trucks with ambient lighting had the controller buttons at the front of the center console where the Raptor upfitter switches are. Because of this, I don't believe the OEM ambient lighting package was ever an option on 2010-2012 Raptor. In 2013, Ford changed the control interface for the ambient lighting to the gauge cluster LCD. I know the ambient lighting isn't an option for 2014, but a friend with a 2013 says that it was an option in his truck? Anyone know? Did any Raptor ever have the ambient lighting option from the factory?

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in 2011 it was option and it was on ford website "build your truck ":and it was in accessories section .

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in 2011 it was option and it was on ford website "build your truck ":and it was in accessories section .

That's been available every model year and it is a dealer installed option. (Like FullAuto just said). It amounts to two light up acrylic bars for the foot wells and two LEDs that need to be drilled into the cup holders. No light ring and no MFT control for the lights.

If you want ambient lighting, your best option is to go aftermarket and/or do it yourself.

OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly I don't care for the cup holder lights at all, but I do like the footwell lighting. I picked up two of the panels that go forward of the center console that have the OEM color changing LEDs in them. I'm just going to use the blue + wire for the blue light only.

TRIM PANELS:
RH: AL3Z-1504608-AC
LH: AL3Z-1504609-AC

When I told a friend with a 2013 Raptor about doing this he mentioned that the ambient light kit was an option for his 2013 when he built it, but like you guys say, it was probably the dealer installed kit and not the Ford MFT kit.

Last edited:

jazz05

Reaction score
I've been thinking about using the ford led's , I have a bunch from other projects but I've never been sure of the voltage? Are they 12v or 5v?

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have a vendor, TheDoubleAA.com, that has an interior light kit that a few people have and seem to be very happy with. Might want to give him a shout and see what he has if you are interested in an ambient light kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter