GEN 2 Ford Raptor Gen2 Wins Again!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WardsAuto Calls Ford Raptor Tops in User Experience

Last year, WardsAuto created a user-experience award to recognize automakers that are doing the best job of providing automotive technology that's safe and intuitive for new-vehicle customers.

The annual award focuses on how drivers interact with vehicles equipped with technologies such as voice control, head-up displays, touchscreens, control switches and other driver-assistance systems. For 2017, the Wards 10 Best UX (UX stands for user experience) finalists, in alphabetical order, are:

2017 Audi S5 Sportback
2017 BMW 540i
2017 Buick Enclave Avenir
2017 Dodge Durango SRT
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor
2017 Honda Odyssey
2017 Lincoln Continental
2017 Mazda CX-5
2017 Subaru Impreza
2017 Volkswagen Atlas
The winner, of course, is the only pickup truck of the group: the Ford F-150 Raptor, which we also liked in our 2017 Monster Factory Off-Road Challenge.

Judges called out the upgraded Sync 3 multimedia system and high-quality voice controls in the Raptor, along with the state-of-the-art six-mode Terrain Management System (providing fully automatic or manually operated modes), 360-degree camera views and the optional Pro Trailer Backup Assist system.

WardsAuto called the new Raptor the best combination of brains and brawn on the market; 2018 models will offer cruise control that can stop the pickup and adapt throttle and braking responses when pulling a trailer.

6a00d83451b3c669e201b7c926b72d970b-800wi.jpg

WardsAuto Calls Ford Raptor Tops in User Experience - PickupTrucks.com News

Mistacheese

Reaction score
Hrm, another mention of the 2018's having autobraking with cruise control... Weird that it has been so hard to confirm officially.

OP
OP
W

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hrm, another mention of the 2018's having autobraking with cruise control... Weird that it has been so hard to confirm officially.

What's the issue here? Adaptive Cruise Control does brake the vehicle but, to my knowledge, will not stop the truck.

From the Owner's Manual:

Your vehicle maintains a consistent gap from the vehicle ahead until:
The vehicle in front of you accelerates to a speed above the set speed.
The vehicle in front of you moves out of the lane you are in.
Your vehicle speed falls below 20 km/h.
You set a new gap distance.

Here's a link with valuable info on ACC:
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...icHRef=G1834996&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

Mistacheese

Reaction score
What's the issue here? Adaptive Cruise Control does brake the vehicle but, to my knowledge, will not stop the truck.

From the Owner's Manual:

Your vehicle maintains a consistent gap from the vehicle ahead until:
The vehicle in front of you accelerates to a speed above the set speed.
The vehicle in front of you moves out of the lane you are in.
Your vehicle speed falls below 20 km/h.
You set a new gap distance.

Here's a link with valuable info on ACC:
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...icHRef=G1834996&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

Ahhh, therein lies the rub. From the order for my 2018; (Copied form the Adaptive cruise in traffic thread)
"I have one ordered, and assumed I was getting it due to this explination, but don't know as I haven't got to test drive. The following is copied and pasted from the build site.

Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection

Included

Adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go technology† allows you to set a cruising speed and distance from the vehicle ahead. When activated, the stop-and-go feature automatically accelerates and brakes your truck while maintaining your pre-set distance. The stop-and-go technology can bring your vehicle to a complete stop in stopped traffic and resume as traffic begins to move*.

*If vehicle is stopped for more than three seconds, driver must intervene and press “RES” button or accelerator pedal to resume system operation.
†Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle."

Appreciate the help and link though! Love this community, just can't seem to figure out what the truck will come with. (Don't care either, just a cool bonus if it does have the Adaptive Stop-and-go)

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 has Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go. Described like this by Ford:

"Adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go technology* allows you to set a cruising speed and distance from the vehicle ahead. When activated, the stop-and-go feature automatically accelerates and brakes your truck while maintaining your preset distance. The stop-and-go technology can bring your vehicle to a complete stop in stopped traffic and resume as traffic begins to move.**
*Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and the need to control the vehicle.
**If vehicle is stopped for more than three seconds, driver must intervene and press “RES” button or accelerator pedal to resume system operation."

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahhh, therein lies the rub. From the order for my 2018; (Copied form the Adaptive cruise in traffic thread)
"I have one ordered, and assumed I was getting it due to this explination, but don't know as I haven't got to test drive. The following is copied and pasted from the build site.

Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection

Included

Adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go technology† allows you to set a cruising speed and distance from the vehicle ahead. When activated, the stop-and-go feature automatically accelerates and brakes your truck while maintaining your pre-set distance. The stop-and-go technology can bring your vehicle to a complete stop in stopped traffic and resume as traffic begins to move*.

*If vehicle is stopped for more than three seconds, driver must intervene and press “RES” button or accelerator pedal to resume system operation.
†Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle."

Appreciate the help and link though! Love this community, just can't seem to figure out what the truck will come with. (Don't care either, just a cool bonus if it does have the Adaptive Stop-and-go)

In the other thread, a new 2018 owner was filming what he thought was stop-and-go adaptive cruise, in the video he has to react quickly and slam on the brakes to avoid running into the stopped car ahead of him. The 2018 Raptor most definitely DOES NOT have the new adaptive cruise control available in other 2018 F-150s.