What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NACHOMASTER

Reaction score
I just paid $300… I’m on the northern KY side of Cincinnati. There is another Line-X on the north side that quoted $285 but is pretty inconvenient for me. These NKY guys also did my 2019 and did a great job on both… lots of masking, etc. I’ve heard anywhere from $250 to $350 depending on geography. Some don’t want to do it or struggle due to the size/style of their gun… and can’t get up into well to do it right. I called one in Dayton just for pricing and they wouldn’t do it… and push their waxy undercoat which is way cheaper too. I checked out an f150 with the undercoat and it looked crappy by comparison to me.
Thank you. I’m getting my bed done tomorrow and they quoted me $300 for the wells. I’m a little concerned that they won’t take the time to properly mask, I guess I will feel them out tomorrow and decide.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I’m getting my bed done tomorrow and they quoted me $300 for the wells. I’m a little concerned that they won’t take the time to properly mask, I guess I will feel them out tomorrow and decide.
Is it Line-X? I’m sure they will mask. Just reiterate your expectations… keep it off the flares and suspension, etc. They will already be masking a lot for the bed.

Last edited:

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SVC bump kit installed. The kit was just released so no instructions but it’s pretty straight forward. Ground down some of the frame welds that were protruding and painted. The band clamp on the passenger side exhaust needs to rotate but has a tack weld that needs to be ground to allow it. Also requires the brake line retaining bracket to be cut off on the axle. Otherwise pretty easy and straight forward but you’ll want 2 sets of hands to install as there’s a nut that is placed inside the frame rail.

Attachments

• IMG_7130.jpeg
    IMG_7130.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7131.jpeg
    IMG_7131.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it still a Cobb stipulation in order to use their intake…the engine should have a tune?
I'm no mechanic, far from it, but I always thought it was the other way around. The stock engine and its computer is programmed to suck only so much air. A tune can take advantage of the new intake, not the other way around.