What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SJC8713

Full Access Member
Reaction score
checked U bolt torque, and for the third time, they've loosened up. Last time I put blue locktite on. Thankfully this time, there was only 3/8 loose.

Hoping I'm nearing the end of this annoying nightmare.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
checked U bolt torque, and for the third time, they've loosened up. Last time I put blue locktite on. Thankfully this time, there was only 3/8 loose.

if you are offroading, they often stretch and the nut will be loose.. kind of common issue

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Turns out that DupliColor tuxedo black matches extremely well. Color matched my tailgate handle and 3rd brake light and SVT vents with it, and will do my door handles soon. Tailgate is really dusty hence why it looks like it doesn’t match well. Super tempted to try the fenders with it

Attachments

• IMG_5116.jpeg
    IMG_5116.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5115.jpeg
    IMG_5115.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 27

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Keep an eye on them. Axel rap is bad when I bought my truck it had axel rap problems BAD rebuild the spring perches first. Thought I was done..... NOPE year later I feel a small vibration and then BANG drive shaft breaks.
Pinion coupler is loose. Pull the diff cover and there it is the pinion has gotten into the Carrier. Not on my watch but on the previous owners. Ordered all the parts and rebuilt the entire thing.
parts new
5 inch custom drive shaft
E locker Carrier
All timken Berings new seals
crush sleeve delete
pics of the carnage
tempImageazPUuX.png
the good side
tempImageSrXOez.png
These are deep I could only imagine how much meal was floating around in there.
tempImagedJilk3.png
New Carrier E locker
Now I think all the axel rap problems are done. Finally!!!!!
Anyways........Axel Rap is bad....MM-kay

Last edited:

BuiltRight

Reaction score
Keep an eye on them. Axel rap is bad when I bought my truck it had axel rap problems BAD rebuild the spring perches first. Thought I was done..... NOPE year later I feel a small vibration and then BANG drive shaft breaks.
Pinion coupler is loose. Pull the diff cover and there it is the pinion has gotten into the Carrier. Not on my watch but on the previous owners. Ordered all the parts and rebuilt the entire thing.
parts new
5 inch custom drive shaft
E locker Carrier
All timken Berings new seals
crush sleeve delete
pics of the carnage
View attachment 453058
the good side
View attachment 453059
These are deep I could only imagine how much meal was floating around in there.
View attachment 453060
New Carrier E locker
Now I think all the axel rap problems are done. Finally!!!!!
Anyways........Axel Rap is bad....MM-kay
now THAT is some carnage, oof!

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Happened to me, keep your 15/16ths deep socket handy.