Thinking of selling my raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the ESP you've got years of warranty left, I wouldn't worry about finding a mechanic....yet... The only situation Id say a Raptor wouldn't be the best choice is if you're planning on putting like 30K miles a year on it and keeping for 12+ years with a tune. Tundras have plenty of electronics that can crap out too.

Last edited:

k3k0a808

Reaction score
I traded my 21' 1794 Tundra in for my 20' Raptor. The Tundra was a good reliable truck but for it being one year newer than my Raptor, it didn't have half of the technology the Raptor had in it. Didn't have a front camera, remote start would turn off when you unlocked the truck, radar cruise sucked... etc. Couldn't stand the seats either, they were comfortable if you just sat in your truck but when driving I would slide around in them. I wouldn't go back if I had a choice.. I actually traded my 20' for a 23' Raptor.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had a 2014 1794, it had a nice looking interior, but the materials left some to be desired. Bought a 2020 Raptor and never looked back, also traded for a 2023. The remote start on the Tundra was completely useless. One thing the Raptor does so well is how it handles 35" tires in all categories ... I had 35s (let alone 37s) on the Tundra and it got 12mpg, was slow, could never stay in 6th gear on the hwy. I gladly traded the glorious sound of that truck for a much more competent powertrain running 35s.