The 2024 37" Package Ripoff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point, but thats a bit of an exaggerated example. It would take an enormous amount of time and money to turn a base 911 to a GTS throwing every spec of warranty completely away. No ones tallying up the luxury package on the early gen 3s, you'd come out way behind trying to add all of that yourself. This just happens to be a package that can be mostly solved with a trip to discount tire. The appearance items are subjective anyway. The 37 is a "rip off" hate really has most of its roots in the ADMs that were charged over and above the 35 ADMs from the past. Paying 15-20K over a 35 for a fully loaded 37PP really was a rip off.

Yup fair point! Not arguing here with you at all but theres also the resale value factor when manufacturers start putting out "premium" tier options of their vehicles. Let's take Porsche out of the mix and use the TRD PRO trim models of Toyotas as a more fair example.

All the things mentioned could be done easily with a non-TRD PRO model but the resale value of the TRD PRO is going to stay strong, while it will force the non-TRD PRO models to take a back seat.

I have a 37pp and like others have mentioned, its not simply slapping on 37s. I had a gen2 that i had to put 37s on. I had kings on it, hammered back all the pinch welds...still rubbed. Had i had the ability to simply have a full warranty on a vehicle that can fit stock 37s (AT FULL TUCK) and i don't have to worry about all the headaches, count me in (hence why i paid for a 37pp). The spare tire also fits underneath the bed which frees up my bed. This plus the other items factored in as mentioned above when i go to resale i'll be happy i have a 37pp as i can demand a higher cost (albeit not a life changing amount) but for someone who wants the higher model trim without going to an R, it'll help the sale over a non-37pp.

AND last point, while this is a individual point, i got my 37pp at sticker and in comparison to the market at the time i was shopping, my 37pp Raptor brand new was atleast 4-8k cheaper than used non-37pp's on market so in MY certain situation, i actually saved money by going 37pp based on what was available.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the resale value is 100% VIN and the 37PP is in the VIN so thats a good point and we'll see how the 37/35 packages pan out ultimately. I just wish the 37PP package had some actually performance upgrades such as gears, same travel numbers as 35 models, dare I say an extra 50HP. Some upgrades are fairly easy on these gen 3s, things like gears would be a major expense. Gears may not be actually needed, but at least its a deeper upgrade. The wrangler Rubicons are the more than skin deep changes I'm talking about. The rubicon is quite a bit more expensive than a sport or whatever but you get lockers, gears, sway bar disconnects, tires, more flex, lift, beefier axles and diffs, etc... Not that Im saying I want a front locker on the raptor, but you get the idea. Getting a 37pp for MSRP a year ago would have been an amazing deal.

I think what gets people fired up is, at full tuck 37s ,KO2s at least, don't rub and they do fit in the stock 35 spare tire area. That being said, If i wanted a bigger MT 37 or 38s and also wanted to put a slightly bigger tire in the spare tire location under the truck it would likely fit more easily on a 37 than a 35 truck.

Last edited:

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only way I would've considered 37p is if it came with different gears to accommodate the larger tires.

Zach Gen3

Reaction score
Yeah the resale value is 100% VIN and the 37PP is in the VIN so thats a good point and we'll see how the 37/35 packages pan out ultimately. I just wish the 37PP package had some actually performance upgrades such as gears, same travel numbers as 35 models, dare I say an extra 50HP. Some upgrades are fairly easy on these gen 3s, things like gears would be a major expense. Gears may not be actually needed, but at least its a deeper upgrade. The wrangler Rubicons are the more than skin deep changes I'm talking about. The rubicon is quite a bit more expensive than a sport or whatever but you get lockers, gears, sway bar disconnects, tires, more flex, lift, beefier axles and diffs, etc... Not that Im saying I want a front locker on the raptor, but you get the idea. Getting a 37pp for MSRP a year ago would have been an amazing deal.
I still think there is a decent difference in performance with the new shocks. Its like the '21-'23 trucks that upgraded to FRS shocks. Travel itself may not have been affected much, but that quality of said travel changed drastically. I am still waiting on 802a to show up, but after a quick 10-15 drive in a friends truck with the new dual valves, there was a noticeable difference with how it drove/rode, took big bumps, etc. Little rail road jump from passenger seat felt smoother as well. Then there's the obvious that's been mentioned with seats etc.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got to demo a 2024 R yesterday ( belongs to owner of dealership ), I'd never driven an R so wow it was amazing. I had a 2021 37PP that was great, and now I'm in a 2023 35 truck that has been great as well. I really liked the 2024 HUD though I think it's novel, and the gauge cluster looks great to me as well. The Recaro's still don't work for me, just feel too narrow. Everything felt great, but if I had the option to buy it at MSRP, I wouldn't. I keep reading these posts talking about how the new dual valve shocks are night and day better, they aren't. We're talking Raptor vs Raptor, not 3500HD ride quality vs Raptor. Maybe I'm missing something but on back roads at high speed or low speed, it didn't feel any different than my 2021 or 2023 with tire pressure equal. In fact I took my 2023 down the same road 20 minutes later just to compare, really couldn't tell the difference even with 37 vs 35 tires. Yes it's newer, but that's it and I don't need the 720 horsepower. I'm obviously not the target demographic, but just thought I'd offer some alternative first hand experience to the "mind-blowing" differences between 2023 and 2024 I keep reading about.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still think there is a decent difference in performance with the new shocks. Its like the '21-'23 trucks that upgraded to FRS shocks. Travel itself may not have been affected much, but that quality of said travel changed drastically. I am still waiting on 802a to show up, but after a quick 10-15 drive in a friends truck with the new dual valves, there was a noticeable difference with how it drove/rode, took big bumps, etc. Little rail road jump from passenger seat felt smoother as well. Then there's the obvious that's been mentioned with seats etc.
Yeah 24s are a bit of a different comparison, t4arghhh and I were more talking about the 21-23s.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got to demo a 2024 R yesterday ( belongs to owner of dealership ), I'd never driven an R so wow it was amazing. I had a 2021 37PP that was great, and now I'm in a 2023 35 truck that has been great as well. I really liked the 2024 HUD though I think it's novel, and the gauge cluster looks great to me as well. The Recaro's still don't work for me, just feel too narrow. Everything felt great, but if I had the option to buy it at MSRP, I wouldn't. I keep reading these posts talking about how the new dual valve shocks are night and day better, they aren't. We're talking Raptor vs Raptor, not 3500HD ride quality vs Raptor. Maybe I'm missing something but on back roads at high speed or low speed, it didn't feel any different than my 2021 or 2023 with tire pressure equal. In fact I took my 2023 down the same road 20 minutes later just to compare, really couldn't tell the difference even with 37 vs 35 tires. Yes it's newer, but that's it and I don't need the 720 horsepower. I'm obviously not the target demographic, but just thought I'd offer some alternative first hand experience to the "mind-blowing" differences between 2023 and 2024 I keep reading about.

yup I get it. It's all personal preference. If I could get a 35 raptor with the Raptor R motor as an option, minus the cost of the Recaro's and 37's, I'd be all over it. I don't want alcantara because I have small children. I think the people that say the 37p is "far superior" to the 35 raptor are trying to justify their 37p purchase. But nobody should have to justify their purchase. Spend your money how you want.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree. I have a 24 R, and it is fast, there is no disputing that. But, if I'm being honest I think I enjoyed my eco Raptor more. The eco Raptor has plenty of power, and you can accelerate as much as you want and throw it around all day. Sporty seems like the correct term to use. The R is a different animal. You really need to be more intentional with regard to where and how you decide to use 720 hp. I could rip around in my eco with my wife and 3 year old and no one got too excited, but with the R my wife barely wants to ride with me. She still hasn't experienced anything past 50% throttle lol

If you daily drive your Raptor and you're on the fence about getting an R, you'd probably be happier in the eco. If you need to have the fastest truck made, and you put the pedal to the floor at every traffic light, then maybe the R is your thing.

Just my 2 cents

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't disagree. I have a 24 R, and it is fast, there is no disputing that. But, if I'm being honest I think I enjoyed my eco Raptor more. The eco Raptor has plenty of power, and you can accelerate as much as you want and throw it around all day. Sporty seems like the correct term to use. The R is a different animal. You really need to be more intentional with regard to where and how you decide to use 720 hp. I could rip around in my eco with my wife and 3 year old and no one got too excited, but with the R my wife barely wants to ride with me. She still hasn't experienced anything past 50% throttle lol

If you daily drive your Raptor and you're on the fence about getting an R, you'd probably be happier in the eco. If you need to have the fastest truck made, and you put the pedal to the floor at every traffic light, then maybe the R is your thing.

Just my 2 cents
Personally I find it easier to modulate the throttle in the R, it’s more linear. But if you stay in it all the way to the top, holy mother of god. Bottomless power it has, bottomless brakes it does not.

The 3.5 almost felt quicker at part throttle at around town speeds because it’s into the turbos so quickly, they’re little turbos and you’re at like full boost just past the stall speed of the torque converters. Harder to stay out of boost though. Between the 35, 37, and R, they’re honestly all amazing trucks and I’d take any of them to dd over anything else personally.

Last edited: