Shelby Off-road F150 instead of RaptorR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize it was the 5.0 not the 5.2 , 700hp from a pack animal with hair to a pack animal that's extinct i wouldn't think it would matter lol.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Linky no worky.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can buy the f150 with the raptor r motor in it already for like 45k. Then just dress it up how you want.
The 5.2 Predator engine is available only in the Raptor R and GT500, nothing else. A basic 5.0 shares almost no parts with 5.2. The link you’re posting is a dealer installed kit from Roush, you lose your factory powertrain warranty coverage and Roush provides only a 3 year/36k warranty. The numbers are also inflated, they don’t use the SAE Net OEM standard. Never mind the fact that it’s a huge compromise in reliability and long term engine life.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
The 5.2 Predator engine is available only in the Raptor R and GT500, nothing else. A basic 5.0 shares almost no parts with 5.2. The link you’re posting is a dealer installed kit from Roush, you lose your factory powertrain warranty coverage and Roush provides only a 3 year/36k warranty. The numbers are also inflated, they don’t use the SAE Net OEM standard. Never mind the fact that it’s a huge compromise in reliability and long term engine life.
And it seems its a homedepot spec truck lol

wyomingraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any Ford Raptor is much more than just horsepower. The suspension sold me immediately. You can haul ass off road without beating yourself up and not spill your coffee!

I spend a lot of my time hunting Wyoming. Perfect tool for me. I am going to spend 2 months afield this fall. My 2014 Raptor has never let me down. I am thinking about a shock rebuild this winter.

My buddies think the new Raptor R needs an elk hunt. Maybe an easy antelope hunt.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And it’s not going to put power down nearly as well, does it even have 4a option?