Reminder - Check your front brake lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kronos2300

Kronos2300

Reaction score
Basically from the factory the one side was twisted making it touch the tire during turns. When i found it i also realized my local dealer had been rotating my tires the lazy way, they were just taking backs to front and fronts to back same side. Because only my right side tires had the wear mark on them. Needless to say, i go somewhere else now
Oh wow, looks like we had the exact same issue! I guess I’ll keep an eye on that tire from now on to see where they put it next. Thank you for sharing the pictures of your issue!

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is mine when I caught it, they must be pretty strong lines lasting that long rubbing.

OP
OP
Kronos2300

Kronos2300

Reaction score
Exactly what I needed, thank you so much!

This is mine when I caught it, they must be pretty strong lines lasting that long rubbing.

Yeah, I wonder how long this thing has been rubbing for; I guess it’s last this long since technically only happens when doing a full turn right (at least in my case).

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically from the factory the one side was twisted making it touch the tire during turns. When i found it i also realized my local dealer had been rotating my tires the lazy way, they were just taking backs to front and fronts to back same side. Because only my right side tires had the wear mark on them. Needless to say, i go somewhere else now
Pretty sure that's how you rotate radials unless you have some uneven wear.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

HOLY FǓCK

this is a TSB and not a recall... Why exactly?
I had this same issue when I had stainless lines put on my ’97 Mustang Cobra - which I already had Cobra R wheels on. I had the car prepped at the dealer _right next door_, many of the mechanics raced. I can’t blame the mech. on this, he called me over to to show me the travel and how we secured the lines. We both cycled the wheels side to side, up and down and didn’t see any contact. But it did and wore through my driver’s line by rubbing against the tire. We got it fixed but damn, I missed the issue too.

That was a very not fun stopping event.

OP
OP
Kronos2300

Kronos2300

Reaction score
Update: Got my truck back today, and they were able to confirm the issue and fix the brake line. New line installed that now routes under instead of bending upwards, so no more contact when turning the wheels. Covered under warranty.

If you have the same issue and haven’t addressed it already, take it to the dealership! If the line is as worn out as how mine was, it’s worth taking. If it’s not as bad, you could get away with a zip-tie like I showed in my initial post.

Attachments

• Image 1.png
    Image 1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 11