Raptor exhaust is noisy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i mean the exhaust on the HWY on a road trip in quiet mode is basically inaudible....a gen 3 a nightmare on the Hwy compared to a gen 1....this doesn't pass the sniff test...lol
So your saying the cab in a Gen 1 is quieter than a Gen 3 on highway? Anyone have a decibel meter? Lol

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I know about the Gen3 is that there are a few different exhaust modes. Maybe he has it Baja mode and doesn't know that there quieter settings

OP
OP
S

shayb16

Reaction score
So your saying the cab in a Gen 1 is quieter than a Gen 3 on highway? Anyone have a decibel meter? Lol

You don’t know how badly i want to buy this car so yes i already do the testing

i try Decibel measure on the road for gen 1 and 3

Gen 3 on all modes between 75 to 80 decibel

Gen 1 between 69 to 72

Speed around 80 mi and rpm on 3

This is why i am confused i start thinking that the gen 3 raptor has an issue that the actually the exhaust modes aren’t changed

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That to me sounds like it could be the valves in the exhaust are not moving for the more quite options. Be worth to have some trouble shooting done

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don’t know how badly i want to buy this car so yes i already do the testing

i try Decibel measure on the road for gen 1 and 3

Gen 3 on all modes between 75 to 80 decibel

Gen 1 between 69 to 72

Speed around 80 mi and rpm on 3

This is why i am confused i start thinking that the gen 3 raptor has an issue that the actually the exhaust modes aren’t changed
That’s interesting and you will get some more meaningful interaction with data.

So who has a decibel meter that can do the same in a Gen 3 that seems to function properly… as he described above? My exhaust modes on the 24 vary considerably… and I’d be shocked if didn’t produce a very different result… anecdotally. ;-)

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I think he’s saying it’s ridiculous for OP to claim such nonsense.
Yeah....I just can't imagine a gen 3 being louder and worse on the HWY than a gen 1. Gen 3 is quieter than my gen 2 in road trip mode that's for sure. It would be interesting to compare all 3 gens with a decibel meter.

24NoVARaptor

Reaction score
I can at least attest that on the highway, in sport mode, with music loud enough to drown out my kids in the back, I do not hear the exhaust. In quiet mode, while on a work call with windows up, nobody asks why I’m in my Raptor. Feel like this is pretty scientific evidence that there’s no issues with the exhaust.