Post Delivery Check Engine Light P2C90

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flexboiz

Reaction score
My 2024 Raptor R threw a check engine light with the code P2C90 the night I brought it home from the dealership. I almost didn't notice it because of where the CEL appears on the display, and I drove it as normal. The light showed up around 182km. I chatted with my sales rep that night, and he told me to bring it back today, which I did, as they had to wait on one of their 5.2L certified techs to get back from vacation.

After an hour or so of diagnostics, they effectively cleared the CEL and told me all was well.

The service advisor was a bit cagey and said it was not something to worry about. After talking with my sales rep, he seemed to know a bit more about this: during assembly and testing at Ford, they put in a bunch of plugs and various covers to be removed during PDI, including the intake. The techs are supposed to remove them all and test drive the vehicle at any meaningful speed during PDI, but, at least at my dealer, the techs are afraid to test drive the vehicle fully and typically just circle the block. It sounds like they had missed a plug or something of that nature and not caught it because the test drive was not thorough enough.

For now, I am taking their word for it. Figured I'd post this here with the code since, when googling this code and issue, I only found information pertaining to Hellcats :) I will be monitoring QC stuff around the truck closely going forward.