Official 2024 R Quality Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still awaiting my production build but recently had a drive in a TRX; I have to say it was very nice inside! Now I am coming from a Gen 2 so it will be different but I really hope Ford gets there act together. I have not seen the 24 yet either in person or at a car show but have high expectations. By the way anyone know what was the total production number of the 2023 R was? I know there is lots of hoop la for these; which is driving the price up etc but that is gonna fade soon; especially with the economy and interest rates.
Had a good test drive in yellow TRX....there were some things I really liked and may have bought it if it wasn't yellow......like my R better overall.

Rnr

Reaction score
This is a very easy problem to fix, you just need to loosen the hanger, adjust, and retighten.
Thanks, I didn't think the hanger was adjustable since the studs are welded...when I was feeling around under there. But I know see the other thread on it. I'll get them level tomorrow.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked my Raptor R 24 this Friday and for some reason I can't figure out how to unlock the doors without using my remote buttons... I tried everything with vehicle keyless settings and all ... at first I thought it was because I turned the horn setting off when I leave the engine running and walk out with the keys ... turnt it back on and it still no avail ... any suggestions or guidance from you guys would highly appreciate it.... went from 2017 to a 2024 R and I paid 15k over sticker...
Welcome, we want, we need to see this Raptor wich doeesn't open keyless will add some of us !!!

Hard R

Reaction score
Anyone elses exhaust pipes crooked? Left side is lower and not centered in the bumper notch. Low by about 1/2".

Bumper off by an 1/8"... measuring the tailgate gap. That's probably normal.

I can't un-see the googly eye pipes, though.
You should put on an aftermarket exhaust anyways. The stock exhaust does not do any justice.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two things:

1. When remote started, neither FOB gives the little green light indicating that it started. Work on yours?

2. Normal starting routine (start button or remote) is that it fires up to about 1500 RPM rpm. Fairly good vibration. After about 15-30 seconds, it lidles down to about 700 RPM and is very smooth. If hit the gas to 1500 RPM sitting still in P, then same vibration. Engine appears to be running smoothly. If start to drive there is no roughness/vibration at 1500 RPM. Similar to yours?

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two things:

1. When remote started, neither FOB gives the little green light indicating that it started. Work on yours?

2. Normal starting routine (start button or remote) is that it fires up to about 1500 RPM rpm. Fairly good vibration. After about 15-30 seconds, it lidles down to about 700 RPM and is very smooth. If hit the gas to 1500 RPM sitting still in P, then same vibration. Engine appears to be running smoothly. If start to drive there is no roughness/vibration at 1500 RPM. Similar to yours?
Identical to mine

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two things:

Identical to mine
Well #1 bothers me a bit, but not like I can't hear it start from in the house.

#2 does not bother me as long as I am not the only one.

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well #1 bothers me a bit, but not like I can't hear it start from in the house.

#2 does not bother me as long as I am not the only one.
I believe the key fob LED has been deleted for 2024. There were some non R guys discussing this last week.

Initially I wondered if the rough idle was “normal” or if the dealer put 87 octane in for the first fill up. I’ve used 91 for the last two tanks, hasn’t made much of a difference. I think I’d be more worried if it wasn’t so smooth the rest of the time.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the key fob LED has been deleted for 2024. There were some non R guys discussing this last week.

Initially I wondered if the rough idle was “normal” or if the dealer put 87 octane in for the first fill up. I’ve used 91 for the last two tanks, hasn’t made much of a difference. I think I’d be more worried if it wasn’t so smooth the rest of the time.
So dealer confirmed that the FOB lights are gone. He said mine was an early build so FOB still had a place for the light in the shell, but it is not going to light up.

On the 1500 RPM vibration, it is there in Park or Drive. I held the brake down and hit 1500 RPM and not quite as bad in neutral, but definitely there. But when go down the road it is so quick at going past 1500 RPM that it is not noticeable. As long as it gets no worse then not an issue. Someone will probably post that their's does not have this issue and then I my angst will start up again. :rolleyes: