Keypad LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah, the most difficult part is getting the six pins desoldered. everything else was straight forward. RaptorHolic did a great writeup.

I should add that the LED's I got are much brighter than the stock green ones. I chose white because there are white lights under the mirrors. Otherwise I would have used amber.

Did you use desoldering braid?

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Luckily Raptor Holic is a fellow HARO member from Houston. I'm going to see if I can persuade him to make one for me if I pay for parts and bring a 6-pack of his choice. Maybe a case. We shall see haha

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, still willing to pay someone for a white LED keypad.

Imma Order a 2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch OEM keypad and see about fitting them into my rap door. It came White from the dealership
y7e2e9y3.jpg
e5u7u9u3.jpg

Can anyone post up the process of getting our keypads out the door to help make it easier?

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2013 Lariat PS came with a white keypad too. Probably way more expensive but then I don't have to solder.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can't be more than $65 from Ford I imagine. And OEM, always hard to beat the reliability with electronics these days.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know mike nobles @ Ford Riverside auto plex. I been dealing with him for years! Mention the forums and he'll be able to give you guys the ultimate forum discount. I'll call him later today to see about pricing. It beats having to take my stocker off to send off. I know our stockers are $64 so it can't differentiate drastically I imagine. If I'm going to purchase another OEM unit, might as well order this white one offered by ford.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Ok guys, Great news! I just got off the phone with Mike and the white LED f-250 units have the same code and connections. It's just a matter of swapping them out with our door handle mounts. THE BIG PICTURE- Mike gave us ALL a price of $60. I told him I would post his info here and u guys can privately contact him. This goes for any part OEM u guys may want in the future.
Mike Nobles- (877) 839-5902

Last edited:

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Post some pics when you get yours installed so we can drool! I've been wanting white lighting for a while, just keep spending money on this RC stuff or stuff for new house.