Help with OEM Wheel Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0341Marine

Reaction score
I know next to nothing abut wheels and offset. I have a 2018 SCREW with the OEM 17 aluminum 6 spoke beadlock wheels (M-1007-W1785B). I'm looking to replace these with a new wheel that is a bit more open to show off my calipers.
I know that these are 17x8.5" with a 34mm offset. I see other OEM wheels, KL3V-1007-BB, that look to be identical measurement wise but most sites say these will not fit my 2018 truck. Does anyone know if this is just an error on the web site?
What other offset can I consider with the 17" wheels? I'm looking for plug and play, just want to swap them out without any worry about rubbing/fitment. Was considering Vorsteiner 17" VR-602 with 12mm offset or maybe KMC summit with 18mm offset.

I guess my jarhead infantry brain is having a hard time grasping what offset is and how much room I have to play with in deviating from the stock 34mm. My shocks are all stock, only aftermarket item is the Z36 powerstop brakes. Not sure if that will impact fitment.

I know there are some threads on here about wheels but I don't have the time or patience to wade through hundreds of pages to find an answer to this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
We have supporting vendors here that are more than happy to assist an FRF.

I wanted lighter wheels and have stock ride height, went with Motegi trail lite +18mm, same width, OEM KO2’s. I’m given to understand you can get some decent wheels in +18 and +25mm offset and both should work and not ‘rub’ at full lock or under heavy usage.

Check out some of the wheel threads for ideas. The Jen Too threads are a little ... mature, but still relevant.

OP
OP
0341Marine

0341Marine

Reaction score
Thank you @smurfslayer ! @Pacific Wheel gave me a quick down and dirty on what offset means and provided some recommendations as well. I think I understand what it is I'm looking for now and this should go much smoother. Unfortunately I had a coil spring let go and it tuned up one of my shocks as well, shock is less than 6 months old and maybe has a couple thousand miles on it.... Wheel purchase will need to wait until after this is sorted out and paid for...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thank you @smurfslayer ! @Pacific Wheel gave me a quick down and dirty on what offset means and provided some recommendations as well. I think I understand what it is I'm looking for now and this should go much smoother. Unfortunately I had a coil spring let go and it tuned up one of my shocks as well, shock is less than 6 months old and maybe has a couple thousand miles on it.... Wheel purchase will need to wait until after this is sorted out and paid for...
Yup, @Pacific Wheel supplied me with the Motegis x 6.