Zoomed in 2012 SVT Raptor Photo Snipits...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Attached a few photos of what is assumed to be what the 2012 Raptor will look like. These are from the Ford "Capture the Raptor" website. They were posted in another thread several pages deep, but hadn't seen a new thread for them yet so wanted to post them up (and zoomed them in too).

So far looks like the rims are definitely updated (my initial opionion is going to say it wasn't for the better, but I'll hold off my final call till I see them in person, or at least a better quality photo).

Also looks like the graphics are definitely changed up, with "Raptor" text on the bed sides. Now I'm torn on the graphics. Wasn't digging the "digital mud" graphics, but I do like the "Raptor" text. Again I'll have to see better pics or in person to pass judgement on that. Hopefully actual pics show it better so I can decide how I want to order mine.

Lastly, and this may just be photoshopped touchups, but the headlights look awfully blueish on the red and blue trucks. On the silver truck though, which is unfortunately small so blurry when zoomed in, the headlights are off and the housings look like a projectorish type, so maybe HID's will be factory for 2012's?!!? That would be absolutely incredible!!!

So....anybody else who's seen any snipits Ford let out, post up! Or if you see any subtle differences, post up! Assuming Ford releases full photos when the order banks open on August 15th we should hopefully know the truth soon, but not sure if they sometimes open the banks before releasing full details???

Attachments

• 12Raptor01.JPG
    12Raptor01.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 170
  • 12Raptor03.JPG
    12Raptor03.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 12Raptor02.JPG
    12Raptor02.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 12Raptor04.JPG
    12Raptor04.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 194

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
The only things I see that are different is the wheels and decals... All these photos are photochoped 2010/11s.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just hope that Ford would be smart about it and if they did offer HID/projector style lights, they'd make them plug and play for us wanting to convert.

OP
OP
Reptar

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
very well may be photoshopped 10/11's, but Ford still did the photoshopping, which is about as strong of a hint of what's to come moreso than anything else.

Can anybody find the original shot the silver one was photoshopped off of, to see if the headlights looked the same? Looking back through older press release photos from Ford the headlights always had yellowish halogen hues to them. These ones are definitely looking whiter/blueish. Hope its a sign they're doing HIDs.

OP
OP
Reptar

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
not the one the '12 update was photoshopped from originally, but a relatively close comparison, and the headlights definitely look different. The halo look on the '12 just doesn't look like something a halogen lamp would look like from a different angle, looks more of a projector type to me. Although my high hopes of that being a reality may be skewing my opinion a bit in hopes it's real LoL!

Although, since Randy already has posted the options sheets, you'd think this would have shown up if it were an option like on Mustangs...unless its a standard equipment piece???

Attachments

• 12Raptor05.JPG
    12Raptor05.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 172

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't buy into the projector thing. This picture of the truck is the one that the 2012 chop is based on and is my wallpaper on Google and has the dark spot and it's advertised as a 2011. It's a twin to my truck.

2011-1-Ford-F-150-SVT-Raptor-Front-Side-View-588x441.jpg

Also, anyone note the chrime skull caps for the mirrors in the third picture in the original post? Ugly.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I don't buy into the projector thing. This picture of the truck is the one that the 2012 chop is based on and is my wallpaper on Google and has the dark spot and it's advertised as a 2011. It's a twin to my truck.

Also, anyone note the chrime skull caps for the mirrors in the third picture in the original post? Ugly.

That has to be a photoshop accident, guessing they started with a silver truck. Have seen some really *bad* OEM photoshops. The GMC brochure for my last truck had a longbed where some genius had "cleaned it up" by melding the bed and cab together.

I *really* hope they're putting HIDs in the new ones. I'll likely be ponying up for a set if they do. It might not be plug-and-play, but I'm sure it will be doable.