Zombiekiller's "Donkey" build up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Tis true. once i get it broken in, I'll be dragging it to MPT for a dyno tune. I'm expecting to put about 700hp to the wheels on good fuel.

Still need to bring it home.

On deck is getting the new innov8s on the truck, having SVC rework the front suspension, Redoing the bedcage, doing a regear, rewiring (again), then sending it to body/paint.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! Any details on the motor? Turbos? This is the RMB build? Seems like yesterday it was just freshly painted lol

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Nice! Any details on the motor? Turbos? This is the RMB build? Seems like yesterday it was just freshly painted lol
The wrap lasted all of 6 days. Day1 of the trip in the spring was muddy and wrecked it.

it was pretty nice for that week though.
IMG_20210421_133728_004.jpg

IMG_20210421_134245_699.jpg

I went with brand new everything. still a 3.5. forged internals, head work, upgraded valvetrain, upgraded timing set, upgraded oil pan, bigger injectors, macdaddy fuel pumps, garrett powermax stock location turbos, bigger intercooler, fully built trans, billet torque convertor.

The stock motor was real close to a full meltdown. silt got into the motor and there was metal in the AR side of the turbos. Also managed to short the battery and it took a while to fix what was singed.

i seem to be bad at keeping motors alive, as I also had to replace my super duty. ( it died and wouldn't start again).

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow some build. Some rough luck too. Stayed 3.5 vs a stroker I see. Can imagine anything more than 700HP to the wheels in your purpose built truck would only be bragging rights and way less range.

Actually what fuel are tuning that 700HP for? Can only imagine in Baja premium fuel may not exist?

What converter did you go with? That drivetrain will surely need it. Looking forward to hearing about its first run.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Wow some build. Some rough luck too. Stayed 3.5 vs a stroker I see. Can imagine anything more than 700HP to the wheels in your purpose built truck would only be bragging rights and way less range.

Actually what fuel are tuning that 700HP for? Can only imagine in Baja premium fuel may not exist?

What converter did you go with? That drivetrain will surely need it. Looking forward to hearing about its first run.
6100 motors are 525HP, I'm going to be putting down 700 to the wheels. It's plenty for me. the supercharged v8 swap trucks are putting out 750 crank hp.

I wanted no turbo lag. I'm spooled by 2200 RPM and if I wanted to, I could crank the redline up to 8K RPM. My ideal motor is more HP and more importantly durability.

Realistically I'll be putting right around double the horsepower to the wheels when compared to a stock raptor. ( and with 5.13 gears in the differential, it just might do wheelies on hot tires)

I specifically avoided top mount turbos because it's just more custom stuff to break. The long block is good for 1200HP.

I went with a Suncoast full billet converter. it's the strongest, toughest that I could find.

I'll get tunes for Mexican 91, US93, and e98 ignite. I did the fuel system upgrades to support it. I'm most likely going to also upgrade to a 40-60 gal fuel cell when I rework the bedcage so I get a little better range. I've had my truck tell me that I have 50 miles till E with a half tank left before.

The e98 tune will probably put down over 700. I plan to upgrade my trailer to one with a belly tank next year, so if I want to run e98, I can fill her up easily on trips.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Now you are going to have a REALLY fun truck. What else did you do to the trans other than the Suncoast converter? Have you been able to find any trans tunes that are worth a damn? It's gets really old waiting for these transmissions to shift from gear to gear.

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Now you are going to have a REALLY fun truck. What else did you do to the trans other than the Suncoast converter? Have you been able to find any trans tunes that are worth a damn? It's gets really old waiting for these transmissions to shift from gear to gear.
it got upgraded drums, clutches, steels and bearings. along with the convertor, it should hold about 2K hp without issue.

The trans will get tuned when the motor gets tuned, however the trans tune that I already had in the truck would chip tires on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift.

I rarely drive the truck in "D" , its always in manual mode because the trans likes to shift mid-corner when you're hanging the rear end out which causes the truck to over rotate.