Zombiekiller's "Donkey" build up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks really good!!! Sorry if it was posted, but how much wider is it? Again, really nice.

Sam

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Looks really good!!! Sorry if it was posted, but how much wider is it? Again, really nice.

Sam

The SVC kit widens the front by 2" on each side. The icon rebounds that I'm running push the tire out an additional 1.25".

I'm overall approx 6.5" wider outside of tire to outside of tire.

My fenders and bedsides are roughly 1" narrower than the side mirrors.

Here's a quick comparison ( pay attention to the distance from the lower shock bolt to the tire):

stock

9bVTNe0.jpg

icon rebounds and 37s.

40LavqZ.jpg

Now:

vWxdGMR.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Also to note...

I installed a differential skid, so I swapped back to the factory cover. ( I was too lazy to make relief cuts in the skid to fit the spicer cover) .

I removed the builtright panels as a precaution. I think they are too heavy with the CF bedsides.

I ended up moving my shovel, axe and jack handle to being mounted to the bed cage with worm clamps.

I finally finished modifying and reinforcing my grill. I also painted it black.

replaced the factory horns. Now the truck sounds like Uncle Buck's car ( aka big body caddy ).

I moved my lighting ground to a more protected location.

I'm going to use swag offroad mounts for 8 gal action packers for all of my gear.

I've given up on using a tonneau, so there's that.

Still have to install my trans dipstick, ford security module, and a few additional odds and ends.

I'm not quite sure if I'll be able to figure out a way to still use my rotopax cans on this truck. I also have to figure out a mount for my tredz.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel on the build ( who am I kidding, a build is never "done").

I'm just down to the final punch list. Once that's done, I'm sure I'll get bored and make another spreadsheet of all the shit I want to do next.

HOWEVER, Before any more "major" mods, I have a rather expensive one to tackle.... A tow rig and a trailer that the donkey will fit on.

GLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
selling the 3.0s. the Coilover on the svc kit is a 2.5, so the foxes wouldn't fit.

we'll see if they show up tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. I get that it is SEMA last thrash time, plus desert racing season, but those both come every year and i'd hope that they prepare for the mad rush. anywho i'm making an offering to joju tonight in hopes he'll make the shocks appear tomorrow.

Did you already sell the 3.0s?

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also to note...

HOWEVER, Before any more "major" mods, I have a rather expensive one to tackle.... A tow rig and a trailer that the donkey will fit on.

Your truck is killer. Vimetal builds a great trailer for race vehicles. You probably already know this though. Ours has been awesome. We use an H&H enclosed when the weather sucks. Special built with 98" rear opening. Car is 92" wide.

IMG_1389_zps66uwtsae.jpg
IMG_1428_zpsoqu4exnh.jpg

Sam

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Your truck is killer. Vimetal builds a great trailer for race vehicles. You probably already know this though. Ours has been awesome. We use an H&H enclosed when the weather sucks. Special built with 98" rear opening. Car is 92" wide.

IMG_1389_zps66uwtsae.jpg
IMG_1428_zpsoqu4exnh.jpg

Sam

That is a rad set up Sam!

Appreciate the nod to vimetal. I've taken a look at them, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. The tow rig choice is harder. Can't do a service body due to weird registration and parking rules in New Orleans. I really want to do a 70s Ford cab on a later model chassis with a 7.3 or 1st Gen Cummins Dodge w350 dually.

I just can't bring myself to push the easy button and pick up an alumiduty. They are awesome, but I want something cooler.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is looking killer man. I come to New Orleans for work. I would love to check it out the next time im there!