ZEN Nav TV issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SMPRAPTOR

Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently installed my stereo system in my 2019 Raptor. I'm having some issues with my NAV TV A2B. When I open my door I can hear the remote relay clicking on and off several times...Zen unit is powering on and off. If I get in and push the start button right away I get a squeal coming from my speakers for a second and then goes away. If I let the system power on and off like it does multiple times and then push the start button, it doesn't squeal. This is my system layout: A2B with power and ground hooked up to system distribution blocks. I have a remote relay hooked up between the ZEN and 3 JL Audio amps. All Amps have low level RCAs coming from the Zen. Does anyone know why the clicking on and off is happening and why I'm getting a squeal at start up?

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
check your ground. usually when a relay cycles like that, its due to a bad or missing ground

what he said. I had this exact issue. Whne the car was off, no lights, no chimes.....when i would open the door, right door speaker would have 1 second of static as the truck woke up and I turned on the ignition.

I could "fix" it by waiting 2 seconds after I got in to try and start the truck.

I called Nav TV people...they had me measure my ground, and it was not in spec. redid the ring terminal at the battery and it fixed me right up.

DjMuzz

Reaction score
I believe NavTV recommends running both power/ground to the battery.

Not to hijack the thread, but if the Zen a2b is not grounded from the battery, but rather at a location behind the seat, could this cause it to not give enough signal to an Audison 8.9bit amp?

Just purchased the truck and discovered this aftermarket setup. From what I can tell, its wired correctly through the Zen NavTV > amp > Quartz components (all doors) & OEM sub. Finding that 90% of the time, while under (20) volume, it is only broadcasting from the front passenger pair. Thought maybe power input, but am confused as it works more often when in accessory (12A) vs. engine running (14A) - though this may be an irrelevant perspective.

I'm not well versed on audio components (clearly), but am comfortable diving in if this may be a reason for this behavior. Figured I'd try some simple troubleshooting before bringing it to a local shop.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, but if the Zen a2b is not grounded from the battery, but rather at a location behind the seat, could this cause it to not give enough signal to an Audison 8.9bit amp?

Just purchased the truck and discovered this aftermarket setup. From what I can tell, its wired correctly through the Zen NavTV > amp > Quartz components (all doors) & OEM sub. Finding that 90% of the time, while under (20) volume, it is only broadcasting from the front passenger pair. Thought maybe power input, but am confused as it works more often when in accessory (12A) vs. engine running (14A) - though this may be an irrelevant perspective.

I'm not well versed on audio components (clearly), but am comfortable diving in if this may be a reason for this behavior. Figured I'd try some simple troubleshooting before bringing it to a local shop.
if its a bare metal ground you should be ok. how are the rca outputs wired in the amp? (in regards to what channels used)

DjMuzz

Reaction score
if its a bare metal ground you should be ok. how are the rca outputs wired in the amp? (in regards to what channels used)

Great question. It's an "organized rat's nest" so a little difficult to follow the wiring schema. May need to pull some of the cable organization wrap off to fully understand. It appears its spliced into factory wiring, which would be worst case, I'd imagine
742mU0i.jpg
AzuVYXg.jpg
7BfkVLv.jpg

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to get power and ground directly from battery with the zen. I assure you. It even says it in the manual and NavTV will tell you the same thing. As far as not providing enough signal to amps? That’s not a remotely possible consequence of utilizing a direct power and ground connection from the battery. It’s not even possible. The zen is very sensitive. You need the lowest resistance possible for it to work properly and quietly.

You should also be grounding your amplifiers directly to the battery for the same exact reasons.

Last edited: