Zen Carbon Fiber Custom Steering Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ol_Blue

Reaction score
I have 2019 and I got tired of trying to deal with the crappy stripe on the steering wheel. I tried cleaning it and even the "red tape" fix and just was not happy with the outcomes. I thought man I put my hands on this wheel every day and just need to upgrade it. I did a lot of research on the internet and found this vendor. And here is my Pro's and con's and review for anyone else looking for a new wheel.

My order options:
  • Round top with Flat bottom
  • Gloss steering wheel finish
  • 12 O'clock Center strip - Ford performance Blue
  • Regular Carbon Fiber
  • Carbon fiber Grip Inlays - Reflective Blue Carbon Fiber
  • Stitching Color - Ford performance Blue
  • Side Grip Material choice - Perforated Leather
  • Grip Material Color - Black
  • Heating Function Retaining - yes
  • Add Raptor Decal - yes - In Dark Blue
  • Carbon Fiber Shifter Pedals - - Reflective Blue Carbon Fiber with Plus Minus in Ford performance Blue
Pros.
  • This thing feels great. It's like you're driving a sports car. It's just so solid in your hands. Feels so good. Hard to put into words. (Full disclosure I have not driven any high-end sports car but I imagined this is what feels like.)
  • You don't have to send him your steering wheel or send him yours back. Yes, that means it's more $$$ than other wheel options but you keep our old wheel, which I liked. You take all of your guts out your wheel Air bag and steering wheel controls and put them in your new wheel.
  • The steering wheel trim is true Carbon Fiber not the knock of sticker back things from amazon.
  • You can customize the wheel to anything you want. Any color strip on the top to match your truck or no stripe. Any color stitching. Just a ton of options to make it Unique and stand out and to suit your personal taste.
  • You can order the heated option. Works great. Just know that the carbon fiber bits are not heated. So far not a problem for me. I just keep my hands on the heated parts when it's cold outside. Once my truck warms up the carbon fiber is fine for me to keep my hands on.
  • Feels great in your hands. I just love the feel of it. Leather grip feels great. The wheel is very well made.
  • Match's the rest of the Carbon fiber in the truck.
  • The vendor was very responsive. Always answered within a couple hours inside business hours. When I asked how my wheel was going, he would send me pics of the process. I had ton of questions about how I wanted it designed and he answered them all and even gave me advice on options and helped me come to a final design after going back and forth about what I wanted. Just a A++ for that.
  • Best part no more worrying about that ugly messed up red stripe!

Con's
  • It's not cheap. You're paying for the customization. Still a good price compared to some of the other wheels out there. Worth the cost imo but it's still a step investment in a steering wheel. To me again it's something I put my hands on every day and worth it for the comfort and feel.
  • I ordered it with the "Raptor" lettering at the bottom and the lettering is raised. It looks good but if I had to do it over, I would not order the lettering because it can feel it when I drive with my hand at the bottom of the wheel. Once I place my hand there it's ok, I just feel it when I first touch it. Plus, when I look down on it from the driver's seat you can't see the lettering because of how it's raised.
  • It takes a long time to get. I ordered my wheel in late June and did not get it until October. It was worth the wait though. The website says 5-6 weeks but mine was a lot longer. He did say he ran into some problems and supply issues.
Final thoughts.
Overall, I love the steering wheel. Puts a smile on my face every time I get in. I was worried that the carbon fiber would be slick and my hands might slide off but the top of the wheel where the carbon fiber is has fingers grips that keep my hand from sliding. I am the type of driver where my hand/hands are all over the steering in several positions. I took a 3 hours road trip this weekend and every position felt good to me. The 10 and 2. The hand in the top middle. The hand in the bottom. The arm on the knee hand in lower left. Arm on arm rest. All felt great. Turning was great. It does feel a bit different because of the hammer head design while full turning but just a different feel as it rotates through your hand/

I wanted to throw this review out there for those looking for new steering wheels. If you have any questions just ask.
received_564492422033474.jpeg
20221015_160743.jpg
20221015_160757.jpg20221015_160748.jpg
20221015_160814.jpg

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2019 and I got tired of trying to deal with the crappy stripe on the steering wheel. I tried cleaning it and even the "red tape" fix and just was not happy with the outcomes. I thought man I put my hands on this wheel every day and just need to upgrade it. I did a lot of research on the internet and found this vendor. And here is my Pro's and con's and review for anyone else looking for a new wheel.

My order options:
  • Regular Carbon Fiber
  • Carbon Fiber Shifter Pedals - - Reflective Blue Carbon Fiber with Plus Minus in Ford performance Blue
Pros.
  • This thing feels great. It's like you're driving a sports car. It's just so solid in your hands. Feels so good. Hard to put into words. (Full disclosure I have not driven any high-end sports car but I imagined this is what feels like.)
  • You don't have to send him your steering wheel or send him yours back. Yes, that means it's more $$$ than other wheel options but you keep our old wheel, which I liked. You take all of your guts out your wheel Air bag and steering wheel controls and put them in your new wheel.
  • The steering wheel trim is true Carbon Fiber not the knock of sticker back things from amazon.
  • You can customize the wheel to anything you want. Any color strip on the top to match your truck or no stripe. Any color stitching. Just a ton of options to make it Unique and stand out and to suit your personal taste.
  • You can order the heated option. Works great. Just know that the carbon fiber bits are not heated. So far not a problem for me. I just keep my hands on the heated parts when it's cold outside. Once my truck warms up the carbon fiber is fine for me to keep my hands on.
  • Feels great in your hands. I just love the feel of it. Leather grip feels great. The wheel is very well made.
  • The vendor was very responsive. Always answered within a couple hours inside business hours. When I asked how my wheel was going, he would send me pics of the process. I had ton of questions about how I wanted it designed and he answered them all and even gave me advice on options and helped me come to a final design after going back and forth about what I wanted. Just a A++ for that.

Con's
  • It's not cheap. You're paying for the customization. Still a good price compared to some of the other wheels out there. Worth the cost imo but it's still a step investment in a steering wheel. To me again it's something I put my hands on every day and worth it for the comfort and feel.
  • I ordered it with the "Raptor" lettering at the bottom and the lettering is raised. It looks good but if I had to do it over, I would not order the lettering because it can feel it when I drive with my hand at the bottom of the wheel. Once I place my hand there it's ok, I just feel it when I first touch it. Plus, when I look down on it from the driver's seat you can't see the lettering because of how it's raised.
  • It takes a long time to get. I ordered my wheel in late June and did not get it until October. It was worth the wait though. The website says 5-6 weeks but mine was a lot longer. He did say he ran into some problems and supply issues.
Final thoughts.
Overall, I love the steering wheel. Puts a smile on my face every time I get in. I was worried that the carbon fiber would be slick and my hands might slide off but the top of the wheel where the carbon fiber is has fingers grips that keep my hand from sliding. I am the type of driver where my hand/hands are all over the steering in several positions. I took a 3 hours road trip this weekend and every position felt good to me. The 10 and 2. The hand in the top middle. The hand in the bottom. The arm on the knee hand in lower left. Arm on arm rest. All felt great. Turning was great. It does feel a bit different because of the hammer head design while full turning but just a different feel as it rotates through your hand/

I wanted to throw this review out there for those looking for new steering wheels. If you have any questions just ask.
View attachment 377753
View attachment 377755
View attachment 377757View attachment 377756
View attachment 377758
That looks amazing!

Snuggles

Reaction score

My order options:
  • Regular Carbon Fiber
Pros.

Con's
Final thoughts.

View attachment 377753
View attachment 377755
View attachment 377757View attachment 377756
View attachment 377758
I’m looking at the website and prices are a little better than others I had looked at, but don’t see an email for questions. Do you have one you can share?

OP
OP
Ol_Blue

Ol_Blue

Reaction score
I’m looking at the website and prices are a little better than others I had looked at, but don’t see an email for questions. Do you have one you can share?
I contacted him on Facebook and asked him questions. He is also active on Instagram. If those don't work let me know.

Ellison3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
D@mn it!!! Just said I wasn’t spending anymore money on mods. Just dropped $4500 bucks on maintenance… timing chain, coolant flush, rear differential service, and plugs.

Guess I lied to myself… I gotta have that steering wheel!!! Already got an idea of what I want on from the list of options on the website. I’ll get it for Christmas!!!

Ol_Blue, your pics give a better presentation than the crappy 3 pics they have on the website. I prefer the sites that update with each choice selected to show exactly what you’re choosing. Oh well, I’ll just use your as a reference. Thanks for the great pics.