YULU E10 Plus Car Radio Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrbaird2022

Reaction score
I've already got the replacement on order so I can just swap the units and send the defective one back. Can't believe how patient and helpful customer service is.

Side note: Does anyone know how to get the splash animation from the factory headunit on to a flash drive? They are going to teach me how to change the boot logo when I get the new unit.
Here's a good one do some searching on carplay app issues seems they (not YULU) but the app itself is performing strangely on headunits I always try to read up on current issues AA is the worst! 1 update can potentially screw up 3 other things...but my issue today way purely my phone I forced 4g lte mode no more 5g till it gets better no more twitchy switching back and forth between wifi and cellular.. we'll see when I head out for work later! I think you will be fine once you get your new unit.....

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I may have sorted the Tlink issue but my chimes are still wrong so I'm just gonna swap it anyways. I still feel like it is absolutely a defective unit.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received my new unit today and installed it. Works much better than the first one. This one seems more, polished? I dunno. Even with the quirks of the first one, I am super happy with it and cannot say enough nice things about the customer service.

k3k0a808

Reaction score
Nice review! almost ready to pull the trigger on this, but i was wondering about the front/360 camera, does it only work based on speed or can it be activated by button only

mrbaird2022

Reaction score
Here's a good one do some searching on carplay app issues seems they (not YULU) but the app itself is performing strangely on headunits I always try to read up on current issues AA is the worst! 1 update can potentially screw up 3 other things...but my issue today way purely my phone I forced 4g lte mode no more 5g till it gets better no more twitchy switching back and forth between wifi and cellular.. we'll see when I head out for work later! I think you will be fine once you get your new unit.....
You get your splash screen setup ok? when I did a firmware update it backed up all the installed apps and flashed the firmware update and I still had my stuff the way I had it kinda nice actually! My px6 I had to re do alot of settings...

BLJ

Reaction score
As for not being able to use navigation without sim card or phone you can download an offline map in Google maps settings. I downloaded the whole island of oahu and navigation works just fine without wifi etc. Hope this helps!

bottomgunner

Reaction score
I bought this a couple weeks ago and I am loving it. So thought it was time to write a review. I had his unit installed for me. Overall I think it was worth the money. I have taken several road trips. The bigger navigation screen is so nice and helps so much. I use amazon music and the app works great. I can download playlists or stream music. I have even installed restaurant apps and ordered food for pick up on it. Makes life so easy lol

Con’s
  • You lose the ability to link your phone. For example if you sold the truck the next person could not link their phone unless they install the original Ford Unit. That ability to link a phone is not in the E10. So as long as you link your phone before you install the unit your ok.
  • $$$$ it’s not cheap
  • For my 2019 I lost Sirius but you can use the app to stream it. Not a big deal.
  • The Android Auto window is half the screen which sucks. (Note: I thought this was a big deal but now that I have had the unit a while I never use Android Auto.) You also can't split screen this. You can buy a app that will make Android Auto full screen but the resolution does not seem to be as clear. Apple Car Play is full screen.
  • No volume control knob or preset buttons. I thought I would hate this but I have gotten use to using the Steering wheel and prefer it now actually. You also have a on screen volume and can even use your voice to change the volume. I never used the preset buttons anyway.
  • Takes a while to dial it in and customize like you like it (Also a Pro that is has so much customization to it.)
Pros:
  • You keep all your Climate control knobs buttons!!!
  • It boots up super fast and no lag when you use it. Very nice.
  • Wireless Carplay/Android Auto No more hooking it up every time you get in.
  • Nice EQ it has 48 bands you can adjust.
  • The bigger display is so nice with navigation.
  • You can watch videos with no “Voice Lag”.
  • Add any apps you want. I have my Garage door, radar detector, Dash Cam, Facebook, Messenger, anything that works on a tablet/phone. No problems so far.
  • You can also see a lot of your car information because it connects to your ODB port (This might be a Con for some people if you use your OBD port for like COBB access port or the like). You can see your Tire pressure (Even your tire temp if you click on it), Battery Voltage, how many gallons of Fuel you have in your tank, airbag lights, etc.
  • I installed a SIM card so it’s always has internet access and can be used as a hotspot.
  • Bluetooth works great
  • Looks great installed like it came from the factory with it installed.
  • many other pros I can't think of atm
The customer service was ok. I had to call them because my radio stations app was funky. The presets did not match the numbers on the screen. I called them on my way home from work and they did not answer. I was going to try again later. Anyway they called me back and when I didn’t answer they left a message and texted me if I needed any help. I texted them back and through email they sent me the update to fix my problem. The emails did come in the middle of night.

Also the front camera function is kind of funky. I don’t know what to think about it yet. It comes on when you slow down. Which I find is a pain because I am always playing with it when I stop at a light etc and the camera keeps popping up. So I shut it off.

Also get a paper clip and straighten one side of it out. This is so you can reset it if it gets locked up. I had it lock up on me when my phone died and was using Android Auto. Plus when I was messing with the settings had it lock up on me. Been running solid for a while now with no problems. Just good to have one it just in case. It also has a reset in the pull down menu.

The company that installed my this unit and sells the LINKSWEEL. They like this one so much they said they are going to start telling customers about it.

Final comments. I am loving it and wished I bought one sooner and didn't wait so long. So much better then stock.

If you have questions I will try and answer them the best I can.

View attachment 374812View attachment 374813View attachment 374814View attachment 374815View attachment 374816
Can you help me on how to get the Wireless Apple CarPlay working?