YULU E10 Plus Car Radio Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ol_Blue

Ol_Blue

Reaction score
Ole_blue what year is your truck? Been helping another guy troubleshoot his Sirius XM yulu reached out said something about 2019s (I'll ask for more specific details) that xm radio program has a bug and doesn't work they said use the app but working on fix... trying to think when they ditched Sony or did you just have the option of either that or B.O. on higher trims??
I have a 2019 and yes I reached out to them and they told me the same thing and Siruis XM.

I think they switched in 2018 from Sony to B&O.

RVC

Reaction score
I have a 2019 and yes I reached out to them and they told me the same thing and Siruis XM.
RE: 2) No Sirius. Others mentioned this previously but I got excited when I saw it listed on the Yulu website as a feature. Nonetheless, I can use the SiriusXM app through CarPlay.
Support says they may have an update by this Wed. Jan-11th
Ask here --> [email protected]

If more of us ask, they "[email protected]" will prioritize the Integration testing for the patch.

On Thursday, January 5, 2023 at 07:31:41 PM PST, 云睿物联 <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,dear Ron
I will let you know before next Wednesday.

Yulu Auto

------------------ 原始邮件 ------------------
发件人: REDACTED
日 期: 2023-01-05 (星期四) 20:37:21
收件人: 云睿物联<[email protected]>;
主 题: Re: 回复:Re: E10

Any update on ETA when the apk will be available for the XM Radio on 2019+ F-150?

Sorry to keep bothering you, just trying to avoid the 30 day return policy and do not want to install unit until have confidence the XM radio feature will be supported.

Thanks, Ron.
On Wednesday, January 4, 2023 at 06:49:05 AM PST, Ron Van Cleave <[email protected]> wrote:

Great, thanks, do you have an estimated date when the side-load update will be available?

mrbaird2022

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out if a voice dial command can be used? Similar to sync.
I don't use it but I believe I set it up when I installed the yuluE10 I take a look in the morning n try it if it works right I'll upload some pics of my settings....

RVC

Reaction score
RE: 2) No Sirius. Others mentioned this previously but I got excited when I saw it listed on the Yulu website as a feature. Nonetheless, I can use the SiriusXM app through CarPlay.
Support says they may have an update by this Wed. Jan-11th
Ask here --> [email protected]

If more of us ask, they "[email protected]" will prioritize the Integration testing for the patch.
FYI, [email protected] is now saying they do not have an effective test harness to evaluate the updates for 2019+ and they may be looking for customers to help evaluate updates......
At this point no joy on a near term fix for the lack of support for XM radio.
Kinda a big deal for me personally cuz quite often not within Cell service range and need Satellite radio service.
XM Radio Satellite service is already spotty to also deal with Cell service intermittent access and the bandwidth costs.
Told them willing to help but not being able to speak Chinese will be a challenge to make good progress or debug scenarios.

Birdnutz

Reaction score
I e-mailed them a few days ago and received a response this morning saying this is bug and they will let me know once fixed.
Really like the screen but really disappointed on no satellite radio...

mrbaird2022

Reaction score
I don't use it but I believe I set it up when I installed the yuluE10 I take a look in the morning n try it if it works right I'll upload some pics of my settings....

Ok hey Google dial so-and-so works for me .... supposed to post yesterday sorry for late response! Press voice on steering wheel then hey Google..blah blah .

jrgray86

Reaction score
You should be able too but if you’re like me, you just assumed the included microphone was “optional” and didn’t install it. I was thinking I could maintain use of my existing microphone but now realizing I can’t. Someone feel free to correct me but I think I have to pull out the screen and install the Yulu-provided mic.

mrbaird2022

Reaction score
You should be able too but if you’re like me, you just assumed the included microphone was “optional” and didn’t install it. I was thinking I could maintain use of my existing microphone but now realizing I can’t. Someone feel free to correct me but I think I have to pull out the screen and install the Yulu-provided mic.
You are correct the updated one that comes with most units now are the same shape (kinda square) looking and you can pop the center console deal ( where sunglasses goes ...and sunroof buttons) the OEM mic is their it will fit in that spot just unplug old one put in glovebox or with your old sync3 equipment...mine had the lapel type I put it where the center speaker lives....

Kev Gambrell

Reaction score
I had a 13 inch Pheonix Automotive Android Octacore on back order for almost a year and they have delayed it again. I was looking at other options and I came across two 14.5 inch screens with Octacore, 8+128 gigabyte memory and high resolution screens.

One is the Autotek Pro Octacore 14.4 inch QHD 2560x1440 with Android 11 ($1,100 with shipping and tax) and the second one was Aliexpress Viknav Octacore 14.5 inch FHD 1980x1080 with Android 12 ($900 with coupons on site and tax). Both retain Ford Sync. I am willing the spend the extra $200 for the QHD screen and the wireless Android Auto and Car Play.

The Yulu E10 aesthetically and technologically looks like something that came out 5 years ago. The Yulu is Android 10, 12.1 inch screen, HD 1024x768, retains Ford Sync and 6+64 gigabyte memory. It seems way over priced (over $1,300 with tax) for the package. The user interface looks interesting, but one can do that through different free or small fee android based launchers.

AUTOTEC PRO

VIKNAV

YULU E10

I got my refund from Pheonix and ordered the Autotec Pro. Woohaaa!