Your Raptors Audio System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zyvin

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info Noah. Just some info for some of you guys, I originally installed multiple amps, a 5 1/4 center, all new speakers along with a JBL MS8. After fiddling for months here and there I never really liked the sound. I didnt realize the center only played in logic 7 mode and I really did alot of work just to decide that I do not like logic 7, well at least logic 7 that is autotuned for me. I ripped all of that out and installed a 5 ch amp, an Audio Control DQ 61, upgraded all speakers and a stereo integrity shallow 12. My system sounds pretty darn good on that much smaller budget Now looking at the RTA from Noah, I may be better off using the summing capability of my DQ 61 and using the four front speakers wires as inputs. I am now using front rear and sub inputs but I may be missing some things here and there. But for all of you guys that want a simple system, I think the set up is great for the improvement over stock and I have never gotten anyone in my truck that did not say that my system was incredible. Most people I know are not audiophiles by any means. The DQ has basic time delay that will get you a good center stage feel from the driver's seat but I cannot have seperate time delays between front door and front tweeter etc. But for the semi audiophile it sounds sweet. I would pay Ford extra $$ if they made a head unit with RCA full range outputs and no speakers in a truck. Now, if any of you know why Noah moved his tweets from the A pillar to the door panel you are an audiophile and I feel sorry for you and your disease lol....Thanks guys.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for this information, I'm just getting parts together so I can tear apart my '13 sony system and put something in that sucks less. I was originally going to pick up an audison bit.one but your post about the mosconi unit has completely changed my mind. I'm having trouble sourcing one, would you be willing to deal with someone from the frozen north as I'd really like to use one in my install.

My reading comprehension probably super sucks, with the mosconi does it reconstruct a full range signal from the seperate amplifier outputs that are clearly all hacked up or do you have to manually fix the frequency ranges through the equalizers?

Also, I've heard that my '13 supercrew has a 200+ amp alternator, is there any truth to that because I can't seem to find any information about it online and I'm about 200 miles away from my owner's manual.

One more dumb question; do you have any experience with sundown audio subwoofers? Any input on them?

Thanks very much!!
i dont think our trucks have that high of an output from the alternator. i can definitely help you out with a processor. pm me and we csn discuss your options.

GA Raptor

Reaction score
Georgia Raptor Sounds System

hey guys, I have had great success with installation of a custom system with virtually no changes to the interior - except for the custom sub enclosure.

I installed the following..

Audison Bit One Signal Interface
Audison 6.5" Voce Woofers (front doors)
Audison 3" VOCE Mids (shown next to pillars)
Audison 1.1" VOCE Tweeter (in pillar) - He was able to modify the factory speaker enclosure to make this one fit.
Audison AV5.1k Amplisfier (1650 Watts RMS)
2 Alpine Type R 10" This Woofers (sub enclosure)
Audison Digital Interface

I also had Focal Black Hole Foil and an Acoustic Insulation kit installed in all of the doors and under the carpet.

The speaker grills were painted to match the black interior and he took the 'FORD' off and used the 'Audison' Badge from the speaker grills to put that in place of the Ford badge.

I can hear almost ZERO road noise at this point, although it was not too bad to begin with.

On the last pic you can see the blue LED's that backlight the subs and amp - when it is dark.

I am very happy with the install and it sounds amazing.

2nd Raptor Sub Enclosure.jpg

Audison Separates.jpg

Audison Speaker Grills.jpg

Signal Processor Photo.jpg

Backlit Sub Enclosure.jpg

mike.s

Reaction score
hey guys, I have had great success with installation of a custom system with virtually no changes to the interior - except for the custom sub enclosure.

I installed the following..

Audison Bit One Signal Interface
Audison 6.5" Voce Woofers (front doors)
Audison 3" VOCE Mids (shown next to pillars)
Audison 1.1" VOCE Tweeter (in pillar) - He was able to modify the factory speaker enclosure to make this one fit.
Audison AV5.1k Amplisfier (1650 Watts RMS)
2 Alpine Type R 10" This Woofers (sub enclosure)
Audison Digital Interface

I also had Focal Black Hole Foil and an Acoustic Insulation kit installed in all of the doors and under the carpet.

The speaker grills were painted to match the black interior and he took the 'FORD' off and used the 'Audison' Badge from the speaker grills to put that in place of the Ford badge.

I can hear almost ZERO road noise at this point, although it was not too bad to begin with.

On the last pic you can see the blue LED's that backlight the subs and amp - when it is dark.

I am very happy with the install and it sounds amazing.
Looks like a great system! Did you lose use of the air vents by the window?

GA Raptor

Reaction score
Looks like a great system! Did you lose use of the air vents by the window?

Good question. Fortunately, no. The mid range speakers were thin enough that the air still flows perfectly. It was one of the reasons we selected the Audison speakers over a couple of other options.

paj1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, this is good info. Thanks Noah.

I will be upgrading my new 2015 Expedition entire system. And this information is very very helpful.

slinger1

Reaction score
Great info......Very nice installs too....I started my audio overhaul also...Hope it all goes back together...

MS-8
RF 300.2 for rear doors
RF 400.4 for front doors
RE Audio 3000.1 for subs
2- 10'' RE Audio subs in ported fox box
focal 165 vb in front doors
focal coax in rear doors
morel 4'' center

Had this system in my 09 platnum with a Pioneer headunit for a couple years and it sounded awsome...hope i can get it sounding that good again...

As per the info here im just using the front tweets and woofer signals OUT of the sony amp to my MS-8...From there ill run rca's to amps...I have the MS -8 ...the RF 300.2..and the RE amp behind the back seat and my RF 400.4 had to go in the center console...Not alot of space with that rear window motor right in the middle of the back wall....

Couple questions...

1. What wire is used for remote on factory amp?..and which conector is it in...also should i cut the remote on the sony amp and let the MS8 turn on first? In the MS8 manual it says it must control the turn on signal for other devices that come after it in the signal path..output is 12v 1a

2. How did you get the cable off the shifter?.....thats all thats holding the console in and i have it lifted enough to get to the amp but its a pain....

3. Did you add another battery or cap in your install...I had a small 600 stinger battery in my system on the 09...Thinking about leaving it out this time but my headlights used to "blink" bad at night on my other truck before i added it...

Hope to continue tomorrow but the wife has to work and the Raptor is out of service right now so i wont be able to go get whatever it is ill need...

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great info......Very nice installs too....I started my audio overhaul also...Hope it all goes back together...

MS-8
RF 300.2 for rear doors
RF 400.4 for front doors
RE Audio 3000.1 for subs
2- 10'' RE Audio subs in ported fox box
focal 165 vb in front doors
focal coax in rear doors
morel 4'' center

Had this system in my 09 platnum with a Pioneer headunit for a couple years and it sounded awsome...hope i can get it sounding that good again...

As per the info here im just using the front tweets and woofer signals OUT of the sony amp to my MS-8...From there ill run rca's to amps...I have the MS -8 ...the RF 300.2..and the RE amp behind the back seat and my RF 400.4 had to go in the center console...Not alot of space with that rear window motor right in the middle of the back wall....

Couple questions...

1. What wire is used for remote on factory amp?..and which conector is it in...also should i cut the remote on the sony amp and let the MS8 turn on first? In the MS8 manual it says it must control the turn on signal for other devices that come after it in the signal path..output is 12v 1a

2. How did you get the cable off the shifter?.....thats all thats holding the console in and i have it lifted enough to get to the amp but its a pain....

3. Did you add another battery or cap in your install...I had a small 600 stinger battery in my system on the 09...Thinking about leaving it out this time but my headlights used to "blink" bad at night on my other truck before i added it...

Hope to continue tomorrow but the wife has to work and the Raptor is out of service right now so i wont be able to go get whatever it is ill need...
i did not use the orm amp turn on wire. i used a blue 14 ga wire in the passenger kick panel. it is a rap wire. i did not add anoher battery, however my oem battery died within a couple months so iput in a yellow top and has been fine ever since. my stereo isnt always cranked up everytime im in it.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f170/how-disassemble-your-truck-41787/

slinger1

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply......I wanted to pop that cable off but was afraid to break something....After seeing it done im less scared now....Not alot of info out there on these newer systems...Thanks for posting..No way i woulda attempted this without your info/instructions......

so its your fault if i mess something up...lmao...jk