Your Raptors Audio System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great write up. Im researching out my future audio install. So far, Im looking at a 2 way active front stage, using the center speaker, rear door used for mid bass fill (maybe coax, not sure yet) and 2 10's in a down firing box under the L. rear seat. A few questions;

1. Where can you have enough room to mount multiple amps in a 2011 supercab? I thought you would have enough room behind the seats? I want to do a sub box under the rear seat, so that will pretty much take up all the room there.

2. I read a post on DIYMA about time alignment doing weird things with the way people hear calls on hands free phone operation. Have you encountered this?

3. Im looking at processors now, does the RF 3sixty.3 need a resistor load for the front tweeter circuit as mentioned by others using a JL Cleansweep or other summing device? (maybe a good ? for Spyders03).

Thanks for clearing up some research questions before I buy more gear.

i would not suggest a downfiring box if you plan on offroading your truck. the weight of the woofers are supported by just the screws that hold it in. a good bump can rip the woofer out of the box. i also would not use the center channel speaker. a good processor is what you need. there have been issues with the rockford processor, i cant remember what it was, but i think there was a noise, or distortion related issue. i have not heard of any issues with time alignment and bluetooth on any truck i have worked on. there will be more info posted on the first page soon. it should help with sound processor explanation and mounting locations

Has anyone seen some sort of patch kit to allow another video source into the in dash screen? Would like the ability to have a switch that would then take external input and display on the screen. Switch back and would be stock display again.
Thanks..

nav tv has something that would work for you, but its not really in the category of the audio system. i will pm you with some info.

mike.s

Reaction score
When I installed my JL C5-570s I missed the capacitors on the tweeter wires. I just removed the capacitors today and the sound is noticeably improved.

DevilSun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what your Raptor's audio system needs...it needs Noah, his infinite wisdom, ability and contacts. All you need is 3-5 minutes inside one of his rolling audio masterpieces (preferably with his creepy self outside the vehicle, watch him carefully lol) to realize what you were missing.

meatball117

Reaction score
Thank you very much for this information, I'm just getting parts together so I can tear apart my '13 sony system and put something in that sucks less. I was originally going to pick up an audison bit.one but your post about the mosconi unit has completely changed my mind. I'm having trouble sourcing one, would you be willing to deal with someone from the frozen north as I'd really like to use one in my install.

My reading comprehension probably super sucks, with the mosconi does it reconstruct a full range signal from the seperate amplifier outputs that are clearly all hacked up or do you have to manually fix the frequency ranges through the equalizers?

Also, I've heard that my '13 supercrew has a 200+ amp alternator, is there any truth to that because I can't seem to find any information about it online and I'm about 200 miles away from my owner's manual.

One more dumb question; do you have any experience with sundown audio subwoofers? Any input on them?

Thanks very much!!